Private Chinese schools in KL

Hello,

We just relocated to KL from England.

My 4 year old is about to get enrolled at an international preschool.

My question is in regards to Primary (Year 1) as I'd like to have a rough idea about what to do next year.

As our employment package does not include education costs, we found most English-speaking international schools out of our budget. Also, we've heard very conflicting opinions on most of them.

The most viable option in terms of location and fees seems Taylor's KL (we visited Sayfol and Mutiara International Grammar school but we weren't too convinced). However, I have heard good things about private Chinese schools here. I'd like to know if they are open to foreigners and if anyone has any direct experience with these institutions.

My daughter does not speak any Mandarin (yet) and we have heard private Chinese schools can be quite demanding academically. Is it true?

Thank you!

Hi there -

Welcome to KL!! I hope you and your family are settling in well :)

I'd be happy to help with some schooling advice if you like - there might be more options within your budget than you think! Feel free to DM me with a few more details and I'll try to suggest some other options for you. (I work as an independent school consultant here - my advice for families is objective & free).

As far as I am aware local Chinese private schools are only available to Malaysian passport holders - I might be wrong though. At any rate, without speaking Mandarin I would suggest this would be a huge stretch for your daughter and the style of education would also probably come as a big shock to her.

Thank you so much for your reply, I'll get in touch closer to the time then.

Take care : )

No problem at all! Will look forward to hearing from you :)

Helen