Marriage options

Hi

What other options are available to Wed in Amman?

Is there any Australian Marriage Celebrants living in Jordan?
Or

Court house requirements, time and process for non islamic wedding?

Cheers

what do you mean by "other options are available to Wed in Amman" ?
will you get married from Muslim or non Muslim ?

G'day!

This is off top of my head, civil unions are generally not recognised in Jordan and I've never learned about a single civil marriage celebrant here in Jordan. People in Jordan get married either at churchs for christians or muslim-law courts for Muslims. One option might be contacting the Australian embassy and asking whether they have a marriage celebrant or know of another embassy that might help.

Good luck in your search mate and have a good one!

Thanks for your help.

Non muslim wedding

Hello Anita ,

Did you already get married with a Jordanian man? I wanna get married with my boyfriend also do i need permission of my brother? I am already in Amman. Should my brother come here??

Thank you very much for your answer in advance.

Merve

mrvinwonderland wrote:

Hello Anita ,

Did you already get married with a Jordanian man? I wanna get married with my boyfriend also do i need permission of my brother? I am already in Amman. Should my brother come here??

Thank you very much for your answer in advance.

Merve

Are you going to thread shopping?

You opened a thread, you asked your question and I answered you. Was it not helpful, clear enough or you want more answers?

Sorry but i dont understand well. Are you sure that I dont need to bring my brother here to get married?? Please tell me. Sorry for asking many times.

Hi everybody,
I did not get married but all I needed is paperwork from Australian government with my Marriage status in Australia & Identification.  Because I am Australian I do not require male family figure to be present at wedding.  Contact the Marriage, Divorce, local Court at Aqaba Jordan.  they will be able to answer your question.