Medical in bahrain

Dear members,
Recently i came from India to bahrain there alhumdulilaah medical was fit and now I'm in bahrain after arrival here again medical was done ,
here they conducted skin test for tuberculosis after 3 days test was observed doctor said its positive but fact is in my whole life i never had tuberculosis and alhumdulilaah now also good , doctor told me after 2 days wil let u know after seeing xray.
So my question is wil the LMRA mark me as unfit and rejects work visa or they can conduct retest in somedays.
Please reply n help me out.
Thank you.

Depending on the x-ray and if there are doubts, they will mark you as unfit and deport you. They have already done the skin test as a confirmatory test after checking the x-ray.

The list is available freely on web

Rules And Regulation For Medical Examination

These include:

Infectious category
• HIV/AIDS reactive
• Hepatitis B surface antifgen, HCV reactive
• Microfilaria positive and malaria blood film positive, known leprosy patients
• Tuberculosis – any type, X-ray showing active PTB, past evidence of PTB or healed • Pulmonary scar, including minimum fibrosis, calcification (granuloma) pleural thickening, pleural effusion, tuberculosis lymphadenitis
• VDRL/TPHA reactive

Non-infectious category
• Chronic renal failure
• Chronic hepatitis failure
• Congestive heart failure
• Uncontrolled Hypertension
• Uncontrolled Diabetes mellitus
• Known case of cancer
• Psychiatric disease and neurological disorders
• Physical disabilities, i.e. color blindness, deafness (For certain professions)
Any Major operation, Hemoglobin less than 10 gm%

and Pregnancy

No without checking they took both at same , and later told that in 2 days i may get call or msg.
Thank you for reply.
But what if i dont have tb symptoms and all i had seen on google that skin test couldn't exactly shows whether tb is positive or negative .
cant we got for retest upon request.

It doesn't matter.  That is one of the big issues in GCC medicals. 

TB scars or scars that look like TB scars lead to being marked UNFIT.  A skin test for tb is used but as you know it is not conclusive.  However, this is all they do and unfortunately, you have ZERO say in the matter of re-test.  In every GCC country, suspicion of TB will lead to deportation - whether it is past TB, active TB or even something that looks like TB.

ohh so sad to here,
TQ sir,
what about pre medical which we did in our country Gamca center.
after they approved we got visa and that's goes nil now.

Yes that is a pre-employment medical only.  The real one is the one that is done here.  But wait and see what they tell you.  Maybe the x-ray is not conclusive and they take a positive decision.  Wait and see.

thanks a lot sir.
hope for best

how are you? I would like to ask about the issue you posted..were you able to work in Bahrain or they deported you.. I have the same problem X-ray is clear

This is an old thread.  The original poster hasn't logged on since his last post.  And the rules are clear - if your confirmatory tests are positive for TB (after an unclear X-ray), you will not get a visa.   If the X-ray is clear then there shouldn't be an issue.

what if you got the infection while working in Bahrain? will that have different impact? I got positive PPD and calcified granuloma was found in my lungs as well but most doctors I consulted says my Xray is normal..my fear now is that I have to start on medication for TB and I have to get in government health centers..They might interpret my findings differently..hehe

Do Bahrain do TB blood test ?

No.  Chest x-ray only.

@XTang hello,
                         I know this is a old thread, I have a situation where am hoping you'd be able to assist. My husband works in Saudi he is trying to get me there as his dependent. However I have a positive skin tb test. I did a chest X-ray the results are clear. Do you think this will hinder me from being issued the resident visa?
@sara1996nl
Yes there is PPD skin test for TB and chest xray then blood test n urine test
There is no medical for dependent visa.
@mapariaarif7514
That mean always there is PPD test
Suppose PPD test is positive and CXR is clear they will issue or reject work Visa ?
There is no PPD test.  That is done either in the case of suspicion or for specific categories e.g. healthcare workers.
In the case of healthcare workers  , if  the PPD test is previously positive and, CXR is negative ... they will give VISA or hold ?
As per health rules, evidence of TB leads to visa denial.  So if your X-ray is normal, you shouldn't have an issue.  However, hospitals are an infection free environment.  Having a positive PPD means that you are a carrier and they might not want to expose patients to that re: infection control.