Taylor's International School - Request for Feedback

Hello,

I am looking for a school for my 5 year old. My kid would be getting into year one. We are moving from India to Malaysia. I am looking for a school near Puchong or Cyberjaya or any areas which are closer to KL.

Today I visited Taylor's international school  at their Puchong campus. Very impressed with the infrastructure available. I understand that all teachers are local and the heads are expat. Going by the reviews of other schools I undertand that having local leachers might not be good. Except for this, I have no other concerns. At the same time I have no complete information as well.

Please let me know your feedback if any of you have kids studying at Taylor's Puchong campus or if you have evaluated the school for your kids.

Best Regards,
Jai

jaishankararyan wrote:

Hello,

I am looking for a school for my 5 year old. My kid would be getting into year one. We are moving from India to Malaysia. I am looking for a school near Puchong or Cyberjaya or any areas which are closer to KL.

Today I visited Taylor's international school  at their Puchong campus. Very impressed with the infrastructure available. I understand that all teachers are local and the heads are expat. Going by the reviews of other schools I undertand that having local leachers might not be good. Except for this, I have no other concerns. At the same time I have no complete information as well.

Please let me know your feedback if any of you have kids studying at Taylor's Puchong campus or if you have evaluated the school for your kids.

Best Regards,
Jai

Try the King Henry College in Cyberjaya. It's a newly opened international school. It's right opposite Symphony Hills, Cyberjaya.

Hi there,

Taylor's has a pretty solid local reputation and, for the money, I doubt you can beat it in the city. It is owned by Taylor's Education who also own Garden International School (one of the top international schools in Asia), the Australian International School and Nexus. So, teachers have access to very good professional development and the school is well run.

It's important to be aware that around 70% of a school's budget is comprised of teacher salaries. Cheap schools pay low wages - this is an almost unavoidable equation. That means any school that offers low fees will have to hire primarily local teachers and young/relatively inexperienced expat teachers. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but something to be aware of. 

The most expensive schools have extremely high fees because they hire very well qualified and very experienced teachers - and are able to successfully recruit them because they offer good packages.

If you want more info about any schools or if you'd like to hear of other options in your price range, please feel free to PM me - I work as a school consultant here and offer free, objective advice to families.

Cheers

hi there
Yes its a good school.