Couple looking to move near to Carcassonne area.

Hi we are a couple in our 50s looking to move to the area around Carcassonne .
We currently  live in Northern Ireland  been in Ireland 36  years , i am a Scot my wife is originally from Zimbabwe from English parents .
We are looking for some part time employment , we currently are self employed in contract cleaning , housekeeping and window cleaning .
We also are part time photographers and have experience in Weddings etc .
References from longtime clients would be supplied to vouch for our reliability flexibility and honesty (many of our  clients trust us with  key holding responsibilities)and hard working attitude.
If anyone can help we would really appreciate it , we have a house we can sell once we find a place we are happy to settle in  but for now would be looking to rent somewhere .
Anything in the line of work would be considered preferably part time ,we are not fluent in French but have been there many times and get by ok when there , but if we move will take lessons in French as i we would like to be speaking French as soon as possible .
We are fit and healthy and non smokers to.
Thanks very much for taking the time to read this .
John and Lin

Hi John and Lin,
Certainly it will be easier to make the move before brexit, while you are still an EU citizen - you would have to invoke your treaty rights (look into what that means, as I have no details), then your wife would piggyback.
For info on living in Carcassonne, I like this blog: letsliveinfrance.com
As it is by an American couple, you would also see the visa/cds path for non-EU people.
For work, the Mairie would likely help.
Good luck!
Julie

Thanks very much Julie , the brexit is getting very close although no one has a clue whats going to happen when it does ha!
I will have a look at that blog  later today , thanks again
John