Clarity reg employee who has resigned but is still under my visa

Hello

I am faced with a peculiar situation. I had an employee who resigned in June 2018 and was to join a new company in July. However, when he reported for duty on 1 July 2018, the (new) company informed him that they did not have an opening for him any longer.

I have been speaking to him for a while now asking him to find a job so that he can transfer to the new company. He has been unable to find a job to date and remains under my company's visa.

Now I find myself in a bind as he continues to be on my company visa. I have been informed that if I cancel his visa, I stand to lose the visa, which I cant afford to do.

I do need the visa back as I intend to recruit a new staff member but am not sure how to go about it. I checked with a few people and I have been informed that if I cancel his visa while he is in Bahrain, i will lose the visa. To add to this, I have been paying his GOSI and LMRA fees every month...

Can someone advise me on how to resolve this issue? Can I file a complaint at the Ministry of Labor or LMRA to resolve this issue?

This is an LMRA matter not Ministry of Labor.

But I don't see why you would lose the visa.  Unless your Bahrainisation ratio does not allow you to have that visa after cancellation.  You could request a temporary ceiling increase and try to fix the ratio after issuing the visa.

Try to approach LMRA support and explain the matter to them.  See what options they give.

Thank you