USB Cable Stores in Old Quarter/Hoan Kiem

Where to find computer and gadget stores in Od Quarters/Hoan Kiem? What is the name of the street? Is it good? or should i buy in the mall? Which mall in Old Quarters?

Thanks in advance!

Talented Miss C wrote:

Where to find computer and gadget stores in Od Quarters/Hoan Kiem? What is the name of the street? Is it good? or should i buy in the mall? Which mall in Old Quarters?

I've walked past this...

Electronic Superstore--G-Maps

...a few times since I've been here, but haven't been inside. However, it looks quite Impressive and I have to imagine the chances are good you can find electronic accessories there.

FPTshop is another you can look at:

https://fptshop.com.vn/cua-hang/thong-t … i-ba-trung

Mediamart:

https://diachiso.vn/ha-noi/hoan-kiem/ha … i-ba-trung

In Vietnam, you can buy computer and laptop with full softwares (window, microsoft, etc.) ... unlike in western countries, need to pay extra fee to install softwares.

LittleHanoiDreaming wrote:

*snip*

In Vietnam, you can buy computer and laptop with full softwares (window, microsoft, etc.) ... unlike in western countries, need to pay extra fee to install softwares.

???

Totally pre-loaded is the norm in the USA.

LittleHanoiDreaming wrote:

... unlike in western countries, need to pay extra fee to install softwares.

Who told you that?

I have used school owned PC's in Vietnam that gave a clear warning that the version of Windows that was running was counterfeit.  I don't have 100% certainty but it seems like someone bought the PC's with no OS installed and then installed from a single illegal source.  Alternatively they were upgraded from an illegal source.  It is possible to install operating systems on bare hard drivess from either CD's or thumb drives.   It is possible someone is making a few extra VND doing so.

It is also worth noting that in Western countries you pay for the OS indirectly.  The PC manufacturers pay Microsoft a license fee then roll the cost into the price.

I'm very certain the prices of computers in Vietnam also include the cost of the OS just as in Western countries, unless they're barebone computers, which incidentally are more readily available in Asian countries than in the West (Acer, Asus, Micro-Star, Zotac, Shuttle, etc. are all Asian companies that offer barebone computers.)

Rolling the cost into the price is a normal practice in every segment of business in every country in the world -- breakfast included in hotel rate, free airport shuttle, weekly cleaning in serviced apartments, free chamomile iced tea at better restaurants in Vietnam, etc.   Customers always pay for the free stuff that they receive.