Chef work

Hi there, I'm planning on moving to philpness but I'm having trouble finding work , I'm flying over in November and was planning on going around all the hotels with my cv is this a good idea?

Nope. Research mate.

Steve.

I would suggest to apply online first then you would know where you would go. Less hassle. Less time consuming and by the time in November if ever you are lucky. You will be able to start working.

Inthisfate wrote:

I would suggest to apply online first

That has to be good advice ... unless the OP fancies a holiday with job hunting attached, but I'd still go for online searching as it'll save a lot of legwork, test the temperature of the water, and find out if you can do so legally.

Thank you all very much , I've been doing the online to but I feel like I'm hitting a brick wall takes weeks for a response or nothing at all

Dear,
Why would Philippines will hire you, when over 10 million Filipinos work overseas?
You must be super genius to be hired. Sorry to tell you ugly truth.

@ AlexC,

I would advise that prior to any on-line CV postings, you research, research and do more research FIRST

It appears you may be sending out your CV's without understanding the local laws and very few, if any, will bother with a response.  Some may even view your unsolicited CV delivery as a "novice" level employee and not an experienced expat worthy of the hoops they must jump thru to consider you.  It is not my intent to offend you in any way (I'm just offering what may be a few more "months" of experience than you most likely have).

Once you understand the laws here in the PI, you may want to:

1.  Include a brief but clear explanation or comparison with your CV between your UK formal university education vs. US, vs Philippines. 

2.  Include in your cover letter your plans for the specific visa type(s)  you are ready to assist with and that would show you get what needs to be done in order to be considered. 

If your goal is to prove a unique work and educational skill set, let your CV precede your in-person hunts in the PI.  Example, have you explained in your cover letter the following?

UK Education at graduate level:

- Master's degrees in the UK and Australia typically completed in 12-18 months vs. the typical master's degree in the US taking 2.5 years or more or about 2 years if accelerated.   

Example: The University of South Wales states. “We offer two options: a masters for 12 months, and a masters for 18 months. The 18-month program has a six-month internship built into the masters course,”

- Masteral courses in the Philippines usually take two years to finish.

- A PhD in the UK and Australia takes around three years vs. the typical PhD in the US taking five years or more.

If you expect to even generate enough interest in your UK education as a UK expat, your background and experience must be stellar compared to the various local talent who are first in line and well should be. 

All of the above is based on the assumption your credentials include the earning of a graduate degree.  If you have less than a graduate degree, your chances of finding an interested employer in the PI are greatly reduced past the slim chance with a graduate degree.

In the PI:
If you plan to work - Unless there is a certificate of exclusion, all foreign nationals who intend to engage in gainful employment in the Philippines shall apply for AEP (Department of Labor (DOLE) Order No. 186)

If you plan to consult - You must provide a service contract between the Philippine-based company and yourself and submit a Letter of Acknowledgement from POEA.

Lastly, are your plans to arrive with a 9(g) or 47(a)(2) visa or just arrive and obtain a 9(a) visa?  Have you researched these visa options and do you understand the tasks involved for some of them?

As already posted here, you need much research on this topic or your trip may never be more than a "vacation".  Good Luck.

Hi angel
I've been applying to a few hotels in manila and with great fail
I've applied at the [email protected]
For "food & beverage manager"
And and I sent my CV out on the 16th of July even I replied bk following up I've still heard nothing I even mentioned im more than willing to take any wage that goes with job ect for chef or front of house.
So not sure if its the the fact im English
I'll do any job as long as it gives me money to tied me over until I can get established.

I ment to say I replied at the imhotel in manila