WHAT TO DO AFTER ARRIVED IN GERMANY TO GET RESIDENCE PERMIT?

Hallo all!

I'm Indonesian, marrried to Romania citizen who stay and work in Germany.
I will go to Germany for Family Reunification in October (already get visa type D for 90days)

So I have a question about what to do when I arrived in Germany?
I already make a list to do here but I'm not sure if it's a correct step to do. So correct me if I'm wrong

1. Stadtamt to Register marriage
👆👆👆👆👆👆In this step I'm a bit doubt, Should I register marriage again in Germany in order to get Residence Permit while My husband and I already registered in Romania? We have two marriage certificate from Indonesia and Romania.

2. Burgerhaus/ Rathaus to make Anmeldebestatigung
3. Go to AOK for health insurance, integration Kurs, Job center report **if husband under job center
4. Kreishaus/ Stadthaus to apply for Aufenhaltstitel/ Residence Permit
5. Report myself to Embassy of Indonesia online. **Does anyone know Indonesia consulate in Nuremberg? or should I go to Berlin to visit my Embassy?

1. This is unnecessary - you can only marry once and foreign marriages are automatically recognised here. But you should get your marriage certificate legalized by the German embassy in your country and get it translated by a certified translator.
2. This must be your first step, within a week of arriving in Germany.
3. If you have no own income and your husband is member of the public health insurance scheme, register at his health insurer. Otherwise register at one of your choice (you might be required top join the private scheme, which is costly).
For Integrationskurs and HartzIV subsidies you need to visit the Jobcenter - but don't expect this to be easy or necessarily successful (i.e. you should have a Plan B on how to survive in case this fails or takes many months of processing).
4. You need to go to the local Ausländeramt for this.
5. This step is optional - ask at your embassy in Germany.
6. In addition to what you wrote: If you want to work in Germany, you should also visit the Arbeitsamt and get a work permit.
Above all: You need good German language skills (take a local friend along if you don't speak German well!), a lot of patience and a high frustration tolerance to deal with German officialdom. It's like Indonesian buerocratic inflexibility minus the possibility to smoothen things with a bribe (I lived there for some time, so I know).

To add to what Beppi wrote to question 5; registering requirements with the Indonesian authorities is not something someone here in Germany can tell you –only the Indonesians. Such things are done by consulates; embassies are for diplomates and sometimes offer consular services if there is no separate consulate. It is a fallacy that embassies usually deal with such things. One might be able to get information from the Indonesian embassy in Berlin but the chances are 99% that they will refer you to the next consulate. Indonesia has consulates in Frankfurt, Stuttgart and Kiel but NOT in Nuremburg. I am guessing that the Stuttgart consulate will be responsible for people in Bavaria but Frankfurt is actually nearly the same distance to Nuremburg, so it's possible you'll need to contact them. Just find their information in the internet contact them. Likely this is something suggested by many countries but normally not required and anyway not something urgent upon arrival.

Halo! Tomin :)
Danke Schon for the answer.

Yes the point no. 5 It wasn't a question to asked to German hehe.
I just wondering if there's a nearest consulate from Nuremberg. But yes I think it's only Frankfrut.
I accsess the website of my embassy and it's only contain their address in Berlin.

Thank you so much for the information
:cheers:

Hallo! Beppi. Danke Schon für deine antwort
Right to the point!
It might really help me in order to get Residence Permit.
But that berbi ugh... :rolleyes: sounds like it's everywhere..

I read also a short discussion about the Work Permit. But you make it clear that I do need it too for working as accountant or administration or maybe design.
I'm wondering how it looks like? is it a card?
My husband does speak Deutsch like B1 level, so do I, but I'm still at level A2 hehehe
Hope there's no language problem during the process.,

By the way... do you have any infromation how long does it usually take to make residence permit?
People said it takes 6 weeks.

I'm wondering if it takes more time then I should extend my 90 days visa before it expired and make an apointment like 3 weeks before it expired, probably.

stronggirl06 wrote:

But that berbi ugh... :rolleyes: sounds like it's everywhere..

What do you refer to here?!?

The residence and work permits take 3 - 6 months after your arrival to process, depending on how busy the officers are.
You should apply for an appointment with the Ausländeramt soon after your arrival, and mention the validity of the visa you hold. They should (but not always do) give you an appointment within this period and will probably issue an extension for the expected processing time during that appointment.
(For any dealings with German officialdom, bring lots of patience, high frustration tolerance and a German-speaking friend along!)

stronggirl06 wrote:

Halo! Tomin :)
Danke Schon for the answer.

Yes the point no. 5 It wasn't a question to asked to German hehe.
I just wondering if there's a nearest consulate from Nuremberg. But yes I think it's only Frankfrut.
I accsess the website of my embassy and it's only contain their address in Berlin.

Thank you so much for the information

Both Stuttgart and Frankfurt are similar distances from Nuremberg but you need to confirm which is responsible for you. This is usually dependent on where you live. You might not get a choice, probably you'll need to report to the one assigned to.