Dp info

Hi there,
I am Taz working in Malaysia since 2015 with ep visa. Now I want to apply dp visa for my husband in next month. Mean while he got his tourist visa for Malaysia n he is flying by this month. My question is there will be a problem to process dp visa while he will be in Malaysia? is there any way as he can stay with me until he get dp?
Thanks in advance
Taz

He may need a Visa with Reference (VDR) to enter Malaysia after the DP has been approved. Your employer can confirm the latest rules (under new government). 

Check also you have the required paperwork and authentication (marriage certificate needs to be Certified True Copy) to make the application possible.

If he has an e-visa I don't think it can be converted to a DP and he must leave the country before it expires. The T&Cs for e-visas state no extension possible

As you started work in Malaysia before new rules came into force, nowadays the minimum monthly salary to have dependents in Malaysia is RM5000

Hi Gravitas,
Thanks for your quick response. As u mentioned my husband may need VDR. So VDR have to take from home country?
Can you please explain some more regarding VDR?
Thanks once again
Taz

Yes, the VDR would be issued by the Malaysian High Commission or Consulate in Dhaka as part of the DP approval process.

It's a single entry visa and when arriving the immigration officer at the airport would give a 30 day entry stamp. During those 30 days your husband's passport must be submitted to immigration in Malaysia for the DP sticker to be put into the passport.

The length of the DP will match the expiry date of your EP.

Hi Gravitas,
I want to add one point here, my husband already got the tourist visa which is valid until 30 Oct 2018. If I start the DP procedure now n get the DP before 30th October then he can use that tourist visa to enter Malaysia instead of VDR? Or VDR is a must?
Thanks a lot
Taz

If it's an e-visa (purchased online) people report that they have not been able to convert to DP

If he arranged it through the High Commission he should check with them.

The issue is that without a VDR, immigration can charge a "Journey Performed" extra fee of RM500 to endorse the DP.

Hi Gravitas,
Thanks a lot for your valuable information. As you mentioned earlier about "Journey Performed " fee which is RM 500. I am okay with the extra fee as long as I can process DP.  Because my husband already bought ticket n
Paid for hotel.
If I pay extra fee hopefully there shouldn't be any other problems, isn't it?
Thanks again
Taz

It depends what visa he has got. If its e-visa he can't convert. If he got the tourist (social visit pass) issued from the Malaysian Embassy then he can probably convert.

Hi Gravitas,
Yes, my husband got tourist visa which is issued by Malaysian embassy in Bangladesh.
Thank you so much, your prompt reply is really helpful.
Taz

How long will take to get the DP approval from immigration