Pay the cost of remaining months of visa should an employee resigned?

Hi please help me find the answer to my questions below.

I submitted my resignation last day would be November 10 (rendering 60 days notice). I still have 7 days annual leave balance an want to use it as terminal leave. But my manager don't want to approve my leave application. If they don't want to approve it should I be entitled to get my leave balance in cash?

Another thing is my visa still valid for 9 months and they said I have to pay the cost of my visa for remaining months should I resign. Is this really the regulations?

Appreciate your response.

Read your contract of employment as all the terms will be in that document.

Thanks for ur response Gravitas. The above are not stated in my visa though...

Legally the visa must be cancelled because it is not transferable to another employer. Often employers will pass on the cost of the cancellation to employees, if they resign before the visa expires, thereby not completing the contract they signed via the acceptance letter.

Oops! I mean these are not stated in my contract. I will discuss with our HR again. Appreciate ur help.

Usually the wording is not very clear. But in Malaysia breaking a contract does have consequences.

I've been in this company for more than 3 years I have no bond and not breaking any contact. No problem with cancellation but what they're saying is they paid for the renewal of my visa for 1 year and and I am resigning before the renewed visa expires so I have to pay them back. There was no renewal of contract, nothing that say I have to pay them back the cost of visa should I resign. And I know people from our company with same scenario but didn't have to pay.

They possibly don't like you or your attitude then. It's something personal not professional.