Bank reference

Hi guys. I have just got my moving in date as the 15th October 2018. My mum and brother will drive me to the property (from England to Bulgaria) to move all my belongings and possessions from one to the other.

I do not drive - and so while they are there and while I will have transport, we all thought it great to sort out my residency permit straight away (i.e. not wait three months but just to get it straight of the bat.) For this I need to provide a bank reference. Can anyone tell me please how long it takes for a bank reference takes to come through? Can I just walk into a branch for this?

My family only wanted to stay for a few days....... oh no! Thank you.

We are got our bank account the same day we applied as long as you have bg address which is all you need. You will get your bank card about a week later.

If you already have a bank account in a Bulgarian bank - then it will be pretty fast. If not, then you can request the reference at the moment you open an account and put some money into it.

Have you selected a bank already ?

Hiya. Ideally, I'd like to bank with Postbank. I do not have an account with them now. I will be arriving in Bulgaria  (via a moving van) on Monday the 15th October 2018. I'm just in the process of making preparations to book a translator for the 16th to help me open a bank account and put money in immediately - but if the bank sends the reference letter via post, then it just drags and delays my family abit more than expected. Of course, I was hoping to use their taxi service to and from my residency permit fiasco after I have received my bank reference. I doubt they will be able to stay for that long.

It does not matter too much. It will all work out. Getting excited!

I've never heard of a bank mailing a reference letter. You ask for it, they print it and stamp it right in front of you and hand it over. Opening an account and getting a letter takes maybe an hour tops. I think once with me they had to run my passport numbers through some system and it took two hours (I went out for a walk and came back) to open the account... then the letter takes ten minutes at most. It is just an official confirmation of your balance.

I also don't know of a bank here that sends atm cards by post. We always have to go in and pick them up when they are ready. But, you do not need to wait for the atm card to get your bank reference. You should have no problems getting the proper paperwork in order in a day.

Thank you so much for your answer. That is lovely to hear, and is a weight of my mind. Good news always sounds good!

The procedure is simple as that:
Go to the desired branch, open account, deposit money, ask for reference. Thats it they'll give you transcript from the account with the balance, signed from a bank clerk and stamped. It is enough for the residence card.
In most of the bank branches in the large cities and towns they have clerks who speak English so you won't have a problem with the language barrier.