Temporary place while looking for long term in Miraflores

I am looking for a clean, safe place to stay while searching for a long term rental in Miraflores in first part of November. I am a 65 y/o retired male; so price is definitely important. B&B with breakfast and WiFi included is good.
Thank you very much

Have you looked at airbnb?

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Miraflores--Peru

Thank you OsageArcher,
Lots of places there. Trying to get in contact with people that live in Peru that I could meet up with for a cup of coffee or whatever but have not been successful . Do you know anybody there that is as knowledgeable as you in English. I appreciate your help and hope I can continue to reach out to you for help??????
Thank you

karmsun wrote:

Thank you OsageArcher....
Trying to get in contact with people that live in Peru that I could meet up with for a cup of coffee or whatever but have not been successful . Do you know anybody there that is as knowledgeable as you in English. I appreciate your help and hope I can continue to reach out to you for help??????

I don't think Brother Archer is networking in Perú at the moment ;), but I have been. 

I happen to know for certain that an international Expat-friendly group is extremely active in the Peruvian capital, specializing in events in Miraflores.  You can find English-speakers at those meetups, etc., typically offered several times per week at restaurants and cantinas

I am sending you the contact information in a PM message via the expat.com system.

cccmedia at an undisclosed location in Perú

Oops.

Your account apparently is not set up for receiving PM messages, Karmsun.  I don't know why that is since you have posted 65 times.

If you can get the Home Office to pry open your PM mailbox, I would be glad to disclose the information I intended to send you.

Site rules prohibit me from posting my personal contact information on the expat.com forums.

cccmedia

karmsun wrote:

Trying to get in contact with people that live in Peru that I could meet up with for a cup of coffee or whatever but have not been successful . Do you know anybody there that is as knowledgeable as you in English?

In the meantime, let's pretend we got to have coffee together in Miraflores.  What would you want to ask an Expat who is familiar with Lima?

cccmedia

Here's a tip. :cool:

The best air in Miraflores is probably along the oceanfront area.  Many other sectors have polluted air due in part to many vehicles using dubious fuel.  Close to the malecón  the fresher ocean air mixes with the less desirable air to create a less polluted mix.

AirBNB listings for Lima that are close to the Pacific Ocean don't seem to be (much) pricier than listings in Miraflores that are ten or more blocks from the water. :)

cccmedia

Thank you,
Sorry to hear you could not PM me. Not the only thing wrong with my account. Has been 2-3 weeks
since I first contacted management (Bhavna) but nothing has been done to correct the problems that I am aware of. Hopefully I will get a response soon.

Update: 

Karmsun recovered his PM capability long enough that I messaged him the information as intended.  (It is not evident that he still has PM access, however.)

The international group has an event scheduled for tonight, Saturday .. so he may be able to do some networking de inmediato if he received my message (not yet acknowledged).

cccmedia