Belgium visa stamping got referred to Belgium ministry for decision

Hi

I got the Belgium Work permit B on 1st Sep and applied for the Visa stamping for me and dependants together with Mumbai Consulate.  Received a message on 18th Sep that our applications are on hold and sent for further approvals to Belgium ministry . I was working earlier in Belgium from 2010 to 2013 and took Module 8 while leaving Belgium.

Any idea , how much time it takes for this process ?  The WP also took almost 8 weeks and now the employer is not ready to wait more .

When called the Belgian authorities, they says the SLA is 60 days for a decision . Is it normal ?

Did anyone faced a similar situation ?

Thanks in advance for your  reply.

Regards
Jithesh Joy

It is not normal to send a visa application with work permit (at least for the main applicant) to Belgium for decision making. We can only assume your previous tenure in Belgium may have triggered additional verification. So far we have heard experiences of family reunion and timelines around those are ~6 months. In your case, no idea how long it is going to take. I would expect it to take less than normal family reunion ones. If your employer or their relocation agent can contact DOFI explaining the urgency, that may help speeding things up.

Thank you Aneesh for your reply...

Hi Jitheshkjoy
did u got your visa , how long it takes