Wannabe expat

Hi

I'm Uzma born and bred in Luton UK. I used to work in education until about two years ago I decided to leave mainly due to I'll health. In fact this episode changed my outlook on life completely. I sold my house, started my own online business and decided that I no longer wanted to live in the UK and more importantly no longer wanted to be a slave to society.

So here I am in Spain looking to buy a property and settle here permanently.

I arrived four days ago and have just been getting to know the area and surrounding areas before I make a final buy.

I have to admit this is all very exciting but also very nerve racking. Anyhow this is what I want to do so there is no turning back now.

I am renting a little apartment in Garrucha and on my arrival found the nearest supermarket and stocked up on food. I've joined a gym, because I'm a gym junky!

Being single I really wanted to connect with people when I got here. I have joined several expat Facebook groups including ladies in Spain and women doing it solo. I reached out to people and was warmly welcomed and will be meeting up with people who have offered to give me advice.

I speak no Spanish but can honestly say that the people here are super friendly and willling to help. Google translate helps a huge amount!

Today is day four for me my plan is to get to the gym then drive up to a place called Albox to meet up with a friend who has moved there.

I start looking at properties from next week and am hoping to get insights from expats on go no go areas.

This is the biggest change of my life and I am determined to make it happen 😜

no longer wanted to be a slave to society.

Excellent start - don't spoil it by buying a house and rejoining the rat race.
I'd rent, then just move as I fancy.

Hi uzzie,
Welcome to Spain. I am from Nepal and living in Madrid. I hope you will enjoy a happy life in Spain. I Will like to know how to start online business. Please can you give some idea. I want to start here un Spain a small part time online business of muy own.
With regards.
Ravi