How to make friends here in singapore

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in SINGAPORE

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in SINGAPORE?

Hello Riyn,

It seems you copy-pasted our message ;)

Hi Riyn! Dont think its difficult for you to make friends in Singapore. I have some Filipino colleagues and they make friends easily just by saying hello and some short conversations. :)

Hi Riyn and Gracie,

There is a FNDC event coming Friday at Hard Rock Cafe.
Let me know if you wish to join.

Cheers,
Varun

GRACIESHEN: i have a lot of filipino friends in here but they just come and go..i am looking for a friend who will use t5o invite me to go out, and we both have lunch or even dinner together like best buddies...i really feel so alone since my boyfriend went to his place:( and i want to enjoy myself...

varuntomar: oh! i'd love too...how can i join?

Hi Riyn,

Please provide me your email id...i will forward you the invite :-)
You can reach me at [email protected]

Cheers,
Varun

riyu: All your friends gone back to hometown? You mean your boyfriend gone back to hometown as well??

gracieshien: ya, he is...he went back to italy...hopefully he'll come back as soon as he can finish his skul:(

Riyn: Oh dear!! Poor You!! :( Hugs How long he has been away? Hope he will come back soon and reunited with you. :)

ya, he will soon..but as of now we are both to talk on skype and keep in touch each other so missing him is not that much though its still different in seeing him in person..thanks for the hugs:)

Thats not so bad. Anytime Riyn~!! :)

thanks gracie:)

Hello, Riyn,

I am alone in Singapore too. If you like, we can be buddy to do things together after work? :))

maybe u can email me too
[email protected]

hi angela:) well i'd love too....

cool...Tuesday is holiday here. maybe we can hang out together. :)

Hey angela
That maybe a good idea
Do u have any plan?
Lol

what about shopping and eating? :P

or go to somewhere for sightseeing?

I like eating lol
U may drop me email for the plan?
How do u think?

wweeehhh....so how was it going??hhmmm seems like you didnt invite me? lolz:)

I wanna make friedns too >< please email me yh ;p
[email protected]

Hi MyStoryScene!

Maybe you could introduce yourself?

Armand

I'm singaporean, not to say i dont have much friends.

But you know as we grow up, friends are getting busier with their own stuff, Studies or business.

Most of my friends are in NS now, And most of the time i felt so.. lonely. Because out of a sudden nobody is free for anyonee, i know. This is what people called as part of growing up, But i aint gonna do nothing. I wana make more new friends. !

I'm 20, Studying in Nanayang academy of fine arts.

wanna make more friends. Please do email me if you guys wish to go for a drink, couple of beers or coffee. I'm always free!.

:)

Hey everyone, I'm new in Singapore, don't know anybody. I'm 21 and just got over with university and I don't start work till god knows when, so can't really make friends at work. SO if anybody is willing to hang out or include me in please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] or search that up on facebook OR just reply here. Looking forward to hearing from sumbody!

Hey,

Drop me an email at [email protected]

I am local, and working for a global travel website. We hold weekly barbecues and we invite all expats to join us for an inter-cultural exchange and most importantly make friends. Feel free to email me if you are interested to join us. Oh, and most of our casual meetup sessions are on Saturday evenings. :D

You can also send me a SMS at 97313291 (yes i am posting my mobile number online)

Cheers!

Hey yo! im an expat and i find it difficult to make friends here.

its weird im not your average type of guy either so its like harder to make friends and i cant really find the right time or place to approach people.. otherwise it would be... awkward?  haha

I will be your friend ;p

aw your too kind! too kind i say ! :P

I'm serious , ahaha email me bro
[email protected]

Ok ! Will do! cheers mate! :P

It kind of is difficult making new friends here. Just got into town like two weeks ago and have been inviting friends overseas just to hang out. Finding out that that is becomming very expensive. I sense it's difficult as many factors need to be present to even become light friends. I.e. age factors, hobbies, etc... but I presume this does not make it impossible?

As for me? An expat - Korean American living in Singapore. Would love to meet new friends so that I can get much needed information. It would be great if someone could email me and to meet up for coffee or tea on weekends or perhaps a light dinner during weekdays. Do give me a hollar at [email protected]

Cheers!

Hay Riyn!!

there is nothing to worry. This is very simple to get friends in Singapore. You just do the same thing what you apply to become friends in your own country. Like say them Hello. If you take initiative to talk with them and they find your friendly nature they will also like to become your friends.

hello,
I am in Singapore from past one month, will be working here for quite a long time. Looking to make new friends in Singapore. Although I am very busy with work, I would love to catch up on weekends. Maybe even weekday evenings based on location and time availability!

cheers,
Darshan

Hello Darshan and welcome to Expat.com!

Harmonie.:)

Thank you harmonie!
Folks, any weekend plans?