Student life in Switzerland

Hello,

Studying in a foreign country is an exciting prospect, but at times students do not have enough information to make an informed decision. We invite you to share your own experiences about studying abroad in Switzerland.

What are the advantages of studying in Switzerland? What are the disadvantages?

Are there proper housing options for students, or do most students have to find their own accommodation?

Are living costs for students in Switzerland expensive? What is an average budget for a student per month, including rent, groceries, and social activities?

Is it easy to form a social circle in Switzerland? What are some of the preferred social activities?

Are there international student societies or community engagement programs for international students?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hi Pricila! I'm from Brasil and I'm living in Switzerland since 10 years. Actually I'm at the university of Geneva in economics and management. I know very well the education system in Geneva. And if you want I can explain to you all theses things work. I'll give you my what'sapp I think it's better! ***
See you!

Zildete Landim

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security

Hi Priscilla!

I've been living in Switzerland for about 13 years and know enough how it's difficult  to be a student here, especially a foreign student. Sure, I can't say about the whole country but about Vaud I know much. In general there are three main and very serious difficulties: 1) to find a place of living as it's very expansive and almost impossible to find; 2) cost of life is very expensive and 3) language - as minimum at the beginning. If you need more information, feel free to contact me.
Olk