Student life in Cyprus

Hello,

Studying in a foreign country is an exciting prospect, but at times students do not have enough information to make an informed decision. We invite you to share your own experiences about studying abroad in Cyprus.

What are the advantages of studying in Cyprus? What are the disadvantages?

Are there proper housing options for students, or do most students have to find their own accommodation?

Are living costs for students in Cyprus expensive? What is an average budget for a student per month, including rent, groceries, and social activities?

Is it easy to form a social circle in Cyprus? What are some of the preferred social activities?

Are there international student societies or community engagement programs for international students?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Study in Cyprus as a international student was too much difficult in Cyprus.. but if your family can afford your expenses then it's  good .. according to me luckily I have job that's why till now I can't face too much problem but mostly students don't get job easily ...  some advantage to study in Cyprus
1) it's cheap tuition fees, food, house rent ( if you share room maximum your expense will be 100-150 euro including food, water and electricity  - if you live single your expenses will be 150-250 .. but it also depends on how you manage your money
2) it's safe country...

Disadvantage are
1) first of all you don't get job easily here...but rather then boys girls can get some part time job in like cleaning, they pay 3-5 euro per hour ... and for boys they can get job in delivery, car wash , farm , construction , restaurant etc but it's too much difficult to get... in construction they give 25-30 euro per day at the first (students are not allowed to work in construction but too many students are work by taking  risk from immigration because no have another option )  in summer BHM  students have more chance to get job in restaurant in tourism city like aayanapa, limasool

Note: mostly parents hope their children go abroad and earn more money ... that's why they  take loan  and send their children abroad ... please don't expect these things
Mostly consultancy tell students after studying 1/2 years in Cyprus college
They can credit transfer other countries.. it's was totally wrong

In last I want to tell who want to study in Cyprus.. if your parents can afford all expenses for you then it's the best destination for study... but if your parents can't afford your expenses then don't come Cyprus ... because you  can't get job in Cyprus it's too much difficult to pay college fee etc.. and don't expect too much .. like I earn more money, after Cyprus I can go another countries.