Rest home in Chiang mai , Hua hing

My husband and I have been to Thailand many times and are thinking about retiring in the country. We are contemplating one of the the two places Chiang Mai or Hua Hing with a large population of expatriates We would like to know how do you address the issue of when you get too old and can't take care of yourself any more.  We would like very much for your input on this subject matter to help us make a decision.
If any of you know about friends or someone has gone into a nursing home,  please let us know which nursing home and their experiences . Any information pertaining to this topic will be much appreciated.

I would think it would be better to have someone you can trust to live in and take care of you both. This is not expensive to do in Thailand, most people will ask for300-500 dollars a month and they will cook for you & help you with exercise, meal plans,go out with you & some can drive too. We are American & have a second home in Hua Hin where we stay most of the time. Patrick

Hi,
Thank you for your response.  Where can you look to find a caregiver like the one you referred to ? Also, we were in Hua Hin and really liked the area, but it seemed to have less hospitals and medical clinics than Chiang Mai.  Can you please comment on these to see if our observations were true?  Thanks very much.

Hello again, Hua Hin has a Bangkok Hospital & several smaller private hospital. Bangkok hospital would be my first choice, they are excellent for expats, speak English and are very understanding. To fine a caregiver you will have to ask around,I would start at the hospital, most nurses work more than one job & they know of co- workers that are working second jobs. Good Luck. Patrick

Hello,

Thanks so much for the information. We will certainly check out to see what the Bangkok Hospital in Hua Hin has to offer.
We were kind of set on settling in Chiang Mai,  but now with the new info. you gave us, we will reconsider Hua Hin as another choice again.
Ciao.

here's one for yas   as I remember you do have to buy food but there is a nurse there 24/7

https://www.agoda.com/sunshine-internat … l?cid=-211

Thank you, I will check out this place.

I have accommodation for long term rent with  nurses team for health care.

Where are you located and what kind of accommodations do you provide ? Do you run this venue?
Thanks