Resignation

hi guys!

I need help, I am now working my current company based in riyadh 3 years this coming october 2018. My initial contract duration is 2 years. I submitted my 1 month notice of resignation effective next month. But our manager told that I need to pay the remaining 1 year and also, they can let me go after 3 months incase they approve. Is it fair enough to me since I dont have signed papers for another 2 years of contract after expiration of my initial contract? I have emergency in my beloved country as my father is now in critical condition. I need your advise guys please.

You need to read carefully your contract and check if you have to pay for the remaining period or not, usually on the contract it state that they need one month notice.

Sir/mam,
my contract was ended already last year 2017. This october Im will be 3 years. But due to emergency I need to go final exit and I submitted 1 month notice as per the contract. When I submitt my resignation my manager told me that I need to pay the remaining 1 year. But how come I need to pay coz I never signed a contract to renew the same 2 years duration.

Normally the contract is automatically renewed unless it's stated.
But you not forced to pay anything since you are giving one month notice.

Check with your HR department

Also, since I gave 1 month notice until next month he said it is not posible to go final exit and I can go after 3 months. But how come, coz I submit already my letter notifying them that I am until next month only coz I really need to go exit due to emergency.

Dayolang wrote:

hi guys!

I need help, I am now working my current company based in riyadh 3 years this coming october 2018. My initial contract duration is 2 years. I submitted my 1 month notice of resignation effective next month. But our manager told that I need to pay the remaining 1 year and also, they can let me go after 3 months incase they approve. Is it fair enough to me since I dont have signed papers for another 2 years of contract after expiration of my initial contract? I have emergency in my beloved country as my father is now in critical condition. I need your advise guys please.

Is not fair and you should fight for the right thing to be done. As you said your initial 2 years contract had already been completed and is done. Meaning you do not have anymore ties  with the company at least contract wise. You, still working there till now just makes you something like a "free agent" and giving them a month notice of resignation is  the right thing to do.

But however, it is indeed needed to go through your previous contract and check to see how many months a resignation notice letter should be as in some contracts it states 3 months instead of the 1 month. You should also check if there is any statement that states that if your 2 year contract ends and you do not leave will automatically means you are  on a new contract.

What you company can try to even charge you is the cost of renewal of your iqama. Which also can be ruled out as there is no bidding contract between you and the company.

It might be a long short but what is stated here, shows you are in the right and your company is in the wrong.

I cheked my previous contract there mentioned that It needs 1 month notification in order to terminate the contract. There has never mentioned that It automatically renew a new contract after it end.

Dayolang wrote:

I cheked my previous contract there mentioned that It needs 1 month notification in order to terminate the contract. There has never mentioned that It automatically renew a new contract after it end.

Then i suggest you file for your final exit as you approach the end of your 1 month notice you gave to them. If they are going to still cause problems. i suggest you take it to labour court.

Noted Sir, Thank you so much.