Worried about Visa...

Hi.

Apologies for my first post on this forum being a request for help!

My wife started a teaching role at one of the International Schools at the beginning of this school-term.  Myself and our 2 young kids came out here with her on what appear to be tourist visas... If I sound uncertain, it's because the eVisa email I received states that it's a tourist visa but I can't see anything on the bit of paper they gave us at the airport which confirms this (it's headed "Entry Visa").  Not being able to read Arabic doesn't help!

I have a couple of queries around this document (the one they gave us at the airport)...

The expiry date is, I believe, the date at the bottom left of the page... can somebody confirm that this date actually indicates the last date I can use the visa to enter the country, rather than the date I have to leave the country by?  Common-sense tells me that it's the former, but given the potential risk I can't really make that assumption.

My second query is, how do I get this extended?  My wife's contract runs till June 2019 (unless we opt to extend it).  She was told by the school she's working at that the visas wouldn't be a problem, that they'd sort out her work visa and then she could apply for a residency visa for me and the kids, and that this would take ages but not to worry because that's just how things are here and it's all fine... I am far from convinced.  Her employer has not filled me with confidence so far, not having fully met their commitments in other respects, so I am extremely reluctant to take their word for anything at this point. 

We're due to fly home for the Christmas break and I am currently terrified that me and the kids are going to end up stranded at the airport with a hefty fine to pay. 

Can anyone offer any advice?  Again, apologies that my first post is one asking for assistance!).

Providing help is the purpose of this forum most of the time. :)

Ok, here we go....

Yes, you are here on a tourist/visit visa. The only thing you need to know is that you are allowed to stay up to one month, and somewhere on the visa paper you received at the airport will the the date which will read one month after your arrival. You need to leave the country before that date or you will pay a fine. As far as I know there is no way to extend it, lately they became strict about it and shortened the validity of the visit visa. You could exit the country and come back in a few days, but that is not really practical, especially with kids.

Also, hope you are aware that a wife cannot be a sponsor to her husband? Good thing is that you have a good nose regarding her employer, I would say...

Oh man, that's not good :(

I can't see a date on there which is a month from our entering the country though... there's a stamp with the date of our arrival on it (24th August) and a printed bit with 2 dates... the 16th August and 15th September.  So I'm guessing the visa ran from the 16th August (despite us not being in the country at that date) till the 15th September.

Thank you for your help, very much appreciated!

No problem, hope all this gets resolved in your favor, whatever that may mean. :)

Be alert, as there are many shady employers and visa traders.