Placencia, Belize > Can anyone tell me about Placencia?

I was in Belize (San Pedro Island) last July for a week, then on to Roatan for another week.

Planning on heading back and traveling around for a few months, heard about Placencia, does any expat's on board live there, who can give me lay of land.

Was thinking of going visiting in September or October

Placencia is awesome.  My favorite spot.  It will be very slow, tourist wise in September and October.  It's a great hub to take excursions.  Be sure to travel up Monkey River to see the howler monkeys.  Or a trip to the Jaguar reserve.  We live in independence which is across the lagoon though I am in the states right now.  Placencia is definitely worth a trip!  Nice locals and lots of expats.

Thank you, I will put it on my list.  Right now I am planning on flying to Cancun, and then working my way down the coast over a number of months.

Also planning for placencia late october /november. Looking for others to caravan through Mexico. Where are you driving from?
R

OoOps I see your subsequent post intending to fly.

I'm flying into Cancun, then work my way down coast via buses, vans, whatever I can find.

I live in San Pedro now but I lived in Placencia for a couple months.  Placencia is pretty cool.  Nice restaurants.  Not much night life.  Of course things will pick up when you make your way through,  but it's not as busy as San Pedro.  It's still a nice place to visit for a couple days.  Chachi's pizza is pretty decent and there is an ice cream place next door.  Wendy's Creole is a nice place to eat for any meal.  Enjoy your visit.

Does anyone know if there is a fitness group in Placencia. Like a bootcamp kind of group that might meet daily?

rjlowe wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a fitness group in Placencia. Like a bootcamp kind of group that might meet daily?

There are a couple of Belize style "gyms" with trainer that expats and Belizeans attend. I know nothing else about them, just see them exercising when I am out and about.

Thank you!

My wife and I have a place in Placencia.  As other people have stated, that will be a slow time of year.  Many great places to eat and hang out.  I would try and go snorkeling at Silk Caye.  If you have transportation or take a tour service to Maya King where you can zip line, river tubing and waterfalls.  Also, Google “Placencia Breeze” which is the local magazine that is produced monthly.  It has a map of the peninsula.