Bahrain business visa

Hi all

Been asked to do some work in Bahrain for a UK company (I'm british).  They are advising me I can go to Bahrain and collect a business visa on arrival.

However, am I allowed to work (manual work) on this visa?

The business visa has an exception (must not take up paid employement), so am not sure if that means employment from a business in Bahrain only, or any kind of work such as manual work, (whether it be employement from a UK company or not).

My understanding of a business visas in general, is that it's for the purpose of attending meetings, going to conventions and so forth.. which is further strengthened by the fact that most of the bahrain business visas has the wording "visit".   In contrast to a work visa /permit, which would grant manual working?

I want to be clear that a 2 week business visa obtained at Bahrain allows a uk citizen to go to Bahrain and work doing a manual role (installing cables)

Your understanding is correct.  Business visas allow you to "conduct" business which is in the form of meetings, conventions etc.   

Manual work such as installing cables would not be part of this unless of course you are just training or supervising someone who actually does it.  Practically speaking, no one will check or enforce this but still, it is outside of the scope of your particular visa.