Looking to move to Brussels before March 2019

Hi there,

My name is Steve from London in UK and I am planning to move to Brussels to be with my girlfriend before March 2019. My girlfriend is from Bulgaria and works in the EESC

I am also looking to work as a Podiatrist out there, have already started the process of applying for a visa to be able to practice my profession out there.

I like sports, including  football and cricket, cycling, going to the gym , beer tasting, travelling, am a bit of a foodie, also like visiting museums and places of interest

With the outcome from Brexit still unknown how much of a difficulty will be it be for a Brit to move over here. My GF says I can apply as a registered partner from my local Commune Town Hall.

Would be interested in hearing other members experiences...

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Cheers,

Steve

Dear Steve,
unfortunately I don't know how much will change for you with Brexit but currently as a EU citizen you could live 6 months here without any registration at all. Working is also no issue - you just need to use your UK address. After 6 months you need to have a legal address in Belgium so you can register officially at the commune. This costs like 20€ if I remember correctly and then you'll get a residency card.
So pretty simple process for now. But as I said I can't tell how this will change with Brexit. Good luck!

Dear Kristin,

My apologies for not replying before, I should have had  an email notification for your response or come back onto the forum to check.

Many thanks for the info, I am asking my GF to find more information as well at her local commune. 

Just a question about being able to have a British address for 6 months, if I didn't have an official Belgian one does that mean I wouldn't be able to apply for a Belgian bank account?

Thanks again and hopefully next time my query won't be so delayed!