Moving to Vietnam

Hi there
I'm currently in Australia and considering moving to Vietnam.
Does anyone know if you can buy decent wine there as it was crazy expensive in bali so not looking to settle in bali because of the wine price and don't feel it's safe
Is it safe in Vietnam
Can you buy chicken nuggets in the supermarket that are not full of msg like bali
Would love to get your advice
Thank you

Wine is not cheap due to taxes. A reasonable Aussie white will cost you around 30 aud.

Hi,

Wine is absolutely not as cheap as it is in its original places, but I think it's still affordable. Also, you can find reliable supermarkets for good wine as well as fine snacks, for your concernings.
There are a limit number of importers around the city who have a wide range of wine and beverages. I suggest you go to An Nam Market (can google for exact address), where you could find familiar products imported.

Cheers,

Geoffrey Le

Check this out.

https://www.google.com.vn/search?source … te=lrl:xpd

I find it strange that affordability of wine and chicken nuggets are primary concerns when moving to an entirely different country! I am not sure about wine (rượu vàng), however beer is very cheap. In general the cost of living is low so even if wine is expensive your overall costs should be lower... assuming you are living on AUD exchanged to VND. Not sure about chicken nuggets from a supermarket, but you can always go to KFC or Lotteria for your nugget fix.

As for safety, yes, Vietnam is quite safe.

Remember you are moving to a different country and there is a large culture and language divide. You will need to adapt to some degree.

Salensis wrote:

I find it strange that affordability of wine and chicken nuggets are primary concerns when moving to an entirely different country! I am not sure about wine (rượu vàng), however beer is very cheap. In general the cost of living is low so even if wine is expensive your overall costs should be lower... assuming you are living on AUD exchanged to VND. Not sure about chicken nuggets from a supermarket, but you can always go to KFC or Lotteria for your nugget fix.

As for safety, yes, Vietnam is quite safe.

Remember you are moving to a different country and there is a large culture and language divide. You will need to adapt to some degree.

The part about chicken nuggets was the msg, not the price or availability.

Let's not forget that when Asians move country they always look for things they are used to back home, just like the OP is doing.