Minimum budget to live in Vietnam

Hi guys,

I have an Indian friend who wants to live in Vietnam in the long term. She intends to move to Hanoi, Vietnam in the next year and asks for my advice. However, although I live here, I have no ideas what and how many things a foreigner needs and wants to spend for their living, including house rent. Can you guys suggest the minimum budget for a foreigner, especially for an Indian who doesn't want to be too tight with money, to finance her life in Vietnam?

Thank you in advance ^^

Have her make a spreadsheet that contains her lifestyle expense items. In column "C" post your equivalent costs. Are you asking us to gen up a Hanoi lifestyle for your Indian friend?

Backpacker hostels are the cheapest accomodation + free Wi-Fi, air con, often free
breakfast, laundry (etc)   Go Ogle.  Base price is US$120 for 30 days ($4 per night)

Bus fares usually >30k dong, meals >50k, Beer, Cigs about $1 per pack.

Simply type in 'cost of living in Hanoi'.   You will be surprised...     :cool:

Bazza - Oh my God, that is rich. The Google liberal lifestyle is a hostle at $4 a night with bus transport with beer and cigs as major items. Hey man, great sense of humor, you made my day...

Bazza,

below is the link through which you can compare the living cost between 2 country, figures are on average bases.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/c … ntries.jsp

Bazza139 wrote:

Backpacker hostels are the cheapest accomodation + free Wi-Fi, air con, often free
breakfast, laundry (etc)   Go Ogle.  Base price is US$120 for 30 days ($4 per night)

Bus fares usually >30k dong, meals >50k, Beer, Cigs about $1 per pack.

Simply type in 'cost of living in Hanoi'.   You will be surprised...     :cool:

Thank you so much for such detailed information Bazza  :kiss:

However I thought the monthly fees for bus fares will cost around 200,000 VND in Hanoi, isn't it? Or can foreigners enjoy that special price?

alishan4849 wrote:

Bazza,

below is the link through which you can compare the living cost between 2 country, figures are on average bases.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/c … ntries.jsp

Thank you so much Alishan  :top:

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please post only in english on the anglophone forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Well, her mileage may vary... Me, I would need to

a) face fixed costs of say

* 4,000.000 d rent
* 2,000.000 d food
* 500,000 d phone & internet
* 500,000 d transportation (look into bus passes)
* VISA & other costs, the need for a VISA RUN? Likely 1,000.000 d a month
* clothes (dry cleaning for me), entertaining friends, miscellaneous. 2,000.000 d
* the flight from India and back to India, * 1,000.000 d

Hard to do under 10 million Dong a month, JMHO