Importing Car to Vietnam

I am planning to move to Vietnam in coming November 2018 and establishing my Business in HCMC. Currently I am living in Dubai, and planning to take my car long with me for my personal use.

Does anyone have an idea how much is a Custom and Import duty on car in case if I bring my car from Dubai, and what are the related procedures for the same.

Regards,

This has been discussed here many times.

In summary:
Forget it! Huge effort and huge costs.

As far as I remember you can only import new cars and newer cars first hand. And as far as I can remember it was written that the tax can be up to 100% of the new car price.

Andy thanks for your opinion.

Its not a new car, its my personal car which I bough new in 2017 and i wish to take it with me once I move there for my personal use (not for reselling purpose).

By the way 100% taxes sounds too much.

alishan4849 wrote:

Its not a new car, its my personal car which I bough new in 2017 and i wish to take it with me once I move there for my personal use (not for reselling purpose).

Sorry, I don't know more about this.
I just summarized what others posted in the past.  :)

Appreciate and thanks for your time

alishan4849 wrote:

Asked and answered.

Do you have any more questions?

Oh, how do you intend to get a driver's license to drive your car?

I have International driving license from Dubai. But if necessary will try to convert my international license to Vietnamese driving license.

P.S. One of the agency wrote me yesterday and told me for personal use items (also car) there is no taxes or what so ever...... I will appreciate if you can authenticate this information.

alishan4849 wrote:

I have International driving license from Dubai. But if necessary will try to convert my international license to Vietnamese driving license.

P.S. One of the agency wrote me yesterday and told me for personal use items (also car) there is no taxes or what so ever...... I will appreciate if you can authenticate this information.

Dont believe everything agents tell you.

http://vietnamlawmagazine.vn/tax-break- … -6215.html

Thanks Colino, the link was really helpful....

Consider it as close to impossible. First, I would after other things. The car, however important it might be to you, one you  are here, you will see and also could get first hand advise

Blanket statements about how things are impossible aren't very helpful unless clearly the case. But the law is clear that you can import if having a company here, and even if not. So I'm sure you can. I haven't done it so can't say how hard but many things are becoming very slowly clearer. Personally I would ask a car importer to do it for you for a fee. Yo don't want to sit on benches waiting to be told that you need another stamp.

I know your post is old but people are always wondering so here's a link to people who do it all for you, not idea their fees, I just sent a message.
https://www.cfrrinkens.com/internationa … o-vietnam/http://vietnamlawmagazine.vn/tax-break- … -6215.htmlhttps://www.angloinfo.com/how-to/vietna … -a-vehicle

I have a related question:

Has anyone imported a used car personally, or had a car dealer do so, and knows how they determined the value of the car? Do they have a strict procedure like Kelly's Blue Book from the US (which could be good or bad, depending)? Or negotiated based on...what?

Sure you can Import car if it meets the requirements, but this all comes with cost and that cost is big taxes that are close to 100% or even more depending what car. Although car prices are high in Vietnam it is stil cheaper usually if not everytime to buy here and is way less complicated.

Im with Waldo, why go through all that hassle to get a car here. The requirements are too tough, and lets not forget about those lovely customs guys who can hold it until some incentive is given for release.