UK visa process

Hi
My name is ian, my gf lives in Saigon and planning to get married next year.
Just looking for advice on her first visa application really.
She has no job, I send her money for her training in English and nail design and painting.
Can I expect any issues when she applies for her tourist visa to visit UK in December?
I've sent her a letter to give them stating that I will fund the trip fully, pay slips, passport scan, proof of address etc.
Also if anyone has work for a assembly engineer I'd love to work for you.
Thanks
Ian

One of the issues you will confront is, what is there in Viet Nam to make her return. No job and no money. You may struggle to get a visa.

Really?
They would actually think that?
Oh crap ! Let's hope my letter does the trick then or I've wasted a grand.
☹️

Just speaking from experience with Australian requirements. Maybe the UK system is different, but I think they will have the same requirements.

A Vietnamese friend told me that her boyfriend at the time tried everything to get a UK visa for her. He even transferred £10,000 to her Vietnamese bank account so she could prove she had a balance. None of it helped. After a few unsuccessful attempts he gave up. I think UK is quite restrictive.

Maybe the entry regulations will change after the Brexit.
Wait simply still another half year and try it again.

Andy Passenger wrote:

A Vietnamese friend told me that her boyfriend at the time tried everything to get a UK visa for her. He even transferred £10,000 to her Vietnamese bank account so she could prove she had a balance. None of it helped. After a few unsuccessful attempts he gave up. I think UK is quite restrictive.

Maybe the entry regulations will change after the Brexit.
Wait simply still another half year and try it again.

Waste of time applying again in 6-months, how would the girls situation change in 6-months. The problem is that the UK government is worried she wont return home.

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : illegal advices are not welcomed
Heretolearn wrote:

So you're advising him to break the law. What will happen when she is asked for her passport and visa.

Heretolearn wrote:

My friend applied for a visa to US, turned down
<Snipped to remove suggestion of illegal activity>

Suggesting illegal activity is unwelcome on this forum so perhaps I could request posters don't do it, please.

To all that might consider false statements on immigration documents - That stuff can get you into a lot of trouble so I would strongly recommend not doing it.

Yea I think that would be classed as people trafficking so not doing that.
I want to do the whole marriage and visa thing properly so I don't get any problems later on. My friend has just had his wife and child deported back to the Philippines because of a clerical error so I'm trying to make sure I cross every t and dot every I.
Was looking for advice on what she can tell them in the interview to alleviate their concerns.
She will go back because her family are there etc.
Plan is she visits me Xmas, I go back to her in April, we get married in August then start the spousal visa application with a view to her coming over in 2020.
I guess I'll just have wait and see and probably appeal and appeal and appeal by the sound of it.

The problem stems from the people that went before her and ran away. Just having family is not enough. Try and look at it from the immigrations perspective. You can appeal, it wont get you anywhere as you really have no grounds to appeal.