Can someone learn Turkish in 3 months ?

Turkish language is one of the difficult language I've encountered . I'm so fascinated in this language because there are lots of common words between my language ( Arabic ) and Turkish. Therefore , I challenged myself to learn it in 3 months   :rolleyes:   , nothing is impossible right ?  so is there any suggestion from experts in that language who can share their stories of how they could manage to learn it beside going to Turkish school  :dumbom:

Merhaba!

Well this is my forum post to reply I think  :cheers:

Turkish can be learned in atleast 3-6 months time depending on how many time the learner spends learning and practicing the language.. Getting a C1+level on Turkish the learner needs around 900 hours. But language is all about social interactions in my opinion. If you don't have a specific purpose like passing an exam on Turkish and if you have enough time you can start speaking Turkish in that time.

I learnt English by studing for masters degree exam, then started to study at home for 4 months. And ten I took a 2 months of speaking club.

Well English is also one of the hardest languages in the World in my openion to be honest. The difference is We have been exposed to English from all channels starting from kindergarten.

My experiences say a Turkish learner can learn Turkish by using many channels can be able to start speaking in 3 months. And can get a B1 level in 6 months by studying 3-4 hours a day without interrupting.
Everything is easy after B1 because you will be able to understand dictionaries. That means you might solve the problems you face by yourself.

That's all for now. :)

Merhaba.

I have been studying Turkish for a few months. I agree that it is a difficult language but at the same time fascinating. I'm from Argentina and here you can not get books to learn the language, I could recommend one that you can download online?.

Çok teşekkur ederim.
Selamlar.

There are some self learn books can be found online. I might have some PDFs in my achieve. I ll try to send you links  :)

Thank you very very much Alper. They would be of great help to me!!.

You guys are awesome sharing a wealth of info here, that is great!

One question though what is B1 level and at what level would someone have full proficiency?

Thank you in advance!

Hey BellaNL  :cheers:

Common European framework of reference for languages:

A1, A2 Beginner level
B1, B2 Free user. Pure and upper intermediate
C1, C2 Advanced, Complete fluency

This is absolutely impossible !!!

Fluency is impossible. I agree with that.  :cool:

Thank you sir for the valuable info, very much appreciated.

For fluency my friends needs about 2-3 years :) but for working about 6 months will be enough

Yeah fluency takes not just learning the language but also learning the culture and use the language with native people everyday.

there are some syrians that speaks better turkish than most of turkish folks :d

I am afraid to say that is true as they have learnt it from zero and learnt actually Istanbul accent so this is absolutely true , I agree with that...

Who can help for a comision to buy a house there?

I'm tryin to learn Turkish so I can watch the many TV series without the subtitles and in my humble opinion I must say that it's not that easy to understand spoken Turkish. I can read and can undestand a lot of what I read in Turkish because I can pause and try to figure out the meaning of the words, but in spoken Turkish it's  very hard to understand becasue I have no time to understand what they are saying. Konuşulan Türkçeyi anlamak benim için çok zor.