Best place to live

My partner and i are looking to come to the Philippines for approximately a 6 month stay.
We own an online business and need to be in an area with very good internet connection. We don't go out a lot so outings are not that important to us - however we would like a reasonable place to live with privacy that has 2 bedrooms.
We are looking to live on about $2,500 usd a month including rent, food and expenses and just wonder if this is unrealistic?
If anyone can mention any areas you think might be suitable for us i would be very grateful.
Also is there any chance of getting a local bank account - we have found some of the fees from our bank very high when overseas.
Thanks in advance.

You should be able to meet your criteria on $2,500 per month. Depends upon the lifestyle you want as to where you should go. Cebu is nice.

cupss wrote:

My partner and i are looking to come to the Philippines for approximately a 6 month stay.
We own an online business and need to be in an area with very good internet connection. We don't go out a lot so outings are not that important to us - however we would like a reasonable place to live with privacy that has 2 bedrooms.
We are looking to live on about $2,500 usd a month including rent, food and expenses and just wonder if this is unrealistic?
If anyone can mention any areas you think might be suitable for us i would be very grateful.
Also is there any chance of getting a local bank account - we have found some of the fees from our bank very high when overseas.
Thanks in advance.

I take it if only staying for 6 months you will be on an extended tourist visa, so opening a back account would be difficult.  Why not just do everything online?