Walking the Malta Coastal Walk

I am considering to walk the Malta Coastal walk in one hike, it will be about 155-160km (with medical team). Anyone familiar with the route?

No information I'm afraid, but watching with interest...

Jeffus114 wrote:

I am considering to walk the Malta Coastal walk in one hike, it will be about 155-160km (with medical team). Anyone familiar with the route?

Be careful you don't get shot by the 'hunters'.

Ray

I will be wearing an reflective vest the hole hike. Thanks for the tip

Have you contacted the Ramblers group in Malta?
They often walk those paths and would have valuable information.
best wishes
Jeannie

Thank you for the tip Jeannie,

I will contact them right away.

Jeffus114 wrote:

Many of the 'hunters' are not too fussy and can get quite aggressive if you walk in 'their' area!!!

Ray

F0xgl0ve wrote:
Jeffus114 wrote:

Many of the 'hunters' are not too fussy and can get quite aggressive if you walk in 'their' area!!!

Ray

I was planning on walking roads mainly, would it still be a problem then? I could also plan it that way that I am walking the hunting areas by daylight. I guess the hunting areas are mainly in the north-west of Malta?

There's someon on kickstarter/Reddit who is doing it in October .. are you the same person?  You might be able to share info ...

peripatetic wrote:

There's someon on kickstarter/Reddit who is doing it in October .. are you the same person?  You might be able to share info ...

I found the page on Reddit. however, she is planning on walking the coastal walk in 6 days. although she might have a route, so thank you!

I enjoy walking but 160k seems a little extreme for me. 5- 10k is more my thing.

Also watching with interest...

“Hunters”? What do you mean?

Fafanikolau wrote:

“Hunters”? What do you mean?

The Maltese who like to go out with shotguns and shoot anything that flies, from a Robin to a bird of prey.
They like to call themselves 'Hunters'!