RAF Surveillance of New Hebrides, 1972

In 1972 RAF photo reconnaissance aircraft were detached to Port Vila in order to survey and map the New Hebrides islands, they stayed for 3 months. I was unable to go but the ground crews who did go are still relating how much they were welcomed by the populace of the island and it proved a time they all remember. I admit to being very envious and still am. I find that now I have the opportunity to visit Port Vila in March 2019 and would like to see and perhaps talk to any persons that remembers the RAF coming and perhaps even made friends with the crew members. I believe families even invited them to their homes which says everything about how lovely the island people are. I am still in touch with my RAF friends and I know they would like any news from the island.
Could you please tell me the best way to making any contacts when I come to Port Vila or through your Forum site?
Many thanks,
Don.

Gosh, Good luck, Don! There can't be too many people living there - native or expat - who were there in '72. My wife and I lived there for three years from January '72 till April '75; we're not there now, but I don't even remember the visitors you mention. Old age, of course, but still... You might like to check out the website of a friend of mine from those days - link below. He might remember your chaps; you could ask him. His email is as per the website.
http://neilbegley.com.au/stories/

Many thanks Gordon, I will try the link. Possibly I am whistling in the wind but I may get lucky.
Cheers,
Don.