Marrying a Pakistani guy

Hi
I am an indian professional working in UK. I started dating a Pakistani guy 8 months ago. He is a graduate form there and quit his graduate studies  here due to financial reasons. He is no working in  customer service and plans to go to university in the future to complete his graduate studies. After 3 months down the relationship, I got to know he is in visa process through his best friend when he had an argument with my boy friend. U know how. I donot want to elaborate further in this forum. I was really upset with this friend as he knew like a sister for 3 months and never opened his mouth till he had an argument. But my boyfriend never said anything wrong about him although he was terribly disappointed. But the friend even in anger told me that I am his long term plan and he initially did not tell me in fear of losing me. I confronted my boy friend after Ramadan and he admitted the truth. As Ramadan separated us for a whole month, he then came forward to bring me along with him to his brother who lives with his family in a different city for Eid . His brother and his family were very nice to me and treated me as part of the family. As I am an Indian, I got along very well with the culture as it I the same as mine and we all speak Urdu. I also met his cousin. And both brothers then decided and made me speak to the whole family over Skype in Pakistan. I spoke to everyone including his sister in laws and parents. His mother also  asked me whether I love her son. Then when we were coming back, he said that we can move in together. We then decided to live in 4 days a week to know how we get along ( but did not want to tell our family as this is not our culture). We started searching for houses every weekend. meanwhile he introduced me to his others sisters family and I got to know through conversation that even his friends back home knew about me. I have only met one roommate of his here and one friend spoke to me over phone. His brother still talks often.
We planned of Nikaah this month. However, he suddenly said he cant do it now as his lawer asked him not to. He also said we cant move in suddenly as we have not yet had the nikaah and our families  will find out and not respect us if we live in. He said we just need to wait few more months till end of this year and things will be okay to get married. He often talks about his homeplace and have shown me several pictures of his home and promised to take me there soon.
However since August, he suddenly got detached. This is the time when the court appeal was going on. I gets very irritated fast and become very quiet. Although he still says he loves me, he hates discussing about Nikaah now. The last time I asked him was in August whether he plans to marry me. He promised on the name of Allah he will which I made him do. Every time he has to meet his lawyer , he rarely contacts me for 1-2 days. When I contact him, he gets irritated. But he knows I suffer internally and cry on my own as I have no family here to discuss this with. When he knows he has hurt me, he comes running  back and calling to see if I am okay.  The worry I have here is Am I a back up plan for him? I know he loves me but I am just scared whether I will lose him if he gets visa  through the process he is through. but then I question myself that why then he would let his whole family in Pakistan know about me. There is no difference between Indians and Pakistanis culture wise and Indian boys will avoid introducing to family unless they are serious.  I discussed this with many Pakistani mothers. They said he is serious as no one will do that otherwise. Yet I feel scared to not get hurt after carrying hope. Kindly Advice please !

Hi all
It would be nice if you all could advice me regarding my issue.

You have a written a lot but it is all over the place.

For one, what is this visa process and court hearings?   It is difficult to understand as to how this relates to the overall issue and indeed what is it about.   And how are you a backup plan for him?

This seems to be a key plot point but from what you wrote, it is confusing and it is difficult for anyone to comment on his intentions.

Hello Sister,
I have a Pakistani husband and am very familiar with the culture over the years. It is a very serious thing to introduce a woman to the family, especially his mother. However, If he is upset when you contact him and he is being distant, consider your years ahead and the heartbreak you will experience with such a man.  If a man loves a woman, in any culture, she is his happiness and his peace. Don't put up with being a back-up plan. I've seen a lot of Pakistani men promise the moon and the stars with hopes of a Visa. Don't settle for anything but true love, a kind and gentle man who treats you like a lady.

Wishing you many Blessings,
Zahra

i would suggest you not to get into the relatives part specially if you get a Pakistani spouse, as this is the main reason for the relationship gets deteriorated. It is indeed a formal relationship for husband and wife and should not risk to get to know his side more. but even if you do so, please start it with a photo album or taking with your husband. this will give you an understanding of what he  thinks of his relatives and how do they want to introduce them to you.