Weekend/ Monthly scuba diving groups

Hi, I'm an Indian expat residing in Chennai.  A typical weekend includes atleast 1 to 2 or more scuba dives. Given that the diving is so frequent, have tied-up with dive centers/ social groups for a cost-effective weekly dives but at same time ensuring highest safety levels.

I'm contemplating to relocate to Singapore and hence, Just checking if there are such similar groups/ dive centres who are in to diving and dive monthly (if not weekly) as i believe you have to go to Indonesia/ Malaysia for good diving spots? If yes, can some one guide me the ball-park costs for a dive trips (will help plan my monthly budgets)!  Any other relevant related information is more than welcome.

Thanks in advance.

regards

While it is still possible to dive in Singapore waters (and there are supposedly a few corals left), the water is generally very murky due to the amount of ship traffic and other disturbances.
There are diving schools and others organizing regular trips to good diving locations in Malaysia and Indonesia, which you can find by Google. (Sorry, my last such activity was over 15 years ago, so I have no up-to-date infos.)

Many thanks, Beppi for the details.  Agree that the info (15 years+) is quite quite dated!

To add, I'd already searched on Google but they typically provide for rates/ packages targeting tourist/ short term people who may do 1/ 2 dives or avail 1 package.  In my limited diving experience, there's always a differential rates/ packages for domestic ppl (in this case, persons residing in Sg) given the recurring business they generate for the centre.  It's for and from this latter group of people, I'm seeking details/ insights/ inputs!!

Hope it clarifies and provide more context to my original query.

I don't think many tourists book diving trips to other countries in Singapore, when it is possible (and cheaper) to book directly in the destination countries. Furthermore, differential pricing for residents/non-residents is uncommon in Singapore. (What makes you think diving schools here do that?)
You may, however, individually negotiate a price reduction with the school if you book a number of trips at once.

beppi wrote:

I don't think many tourists book diving trips to other countries in Singapore, when it is possible (and cheaper) to book directly in the destination countries.

That's my precise reason of seeking 'practical' inputs from Sg residents ! Just to let you know, I 'know' of 2/3 people who had been to Sg for short term work (2/3 months) and they did their certification course there in Sg. So I think many such people or even tourist may spend a weekend (of a fortnight) in such activities in Sg.

beppi wrote:

Furthermore, differential pricing for residents/non-residents is uncommon in Singapore. (What makes you think diving schools here do that?)

Thanks for informing that differential pricing in uncommon - that's exactly what I'm looking for - 'practical experience'.  It makes me 'think' that diving schools may do so since the residents give them recurring business and let me inform you that it's common in few other countries - SA, Mauritius, to name a few!!

beppi wrote:

You may, however, individually negotiate a price reduction with the school if you book a number of trips at once.

Thank you!  will surely consider.

Meanwhile, if some Sg residents/ people who have 'practically' done or have been involved regularly in diving in and around Sg, would love to hear your inputs !!