Moving to tenerife

Good evening all. Me and my family are due to move to tenerife in the next 5 week or so. We are wanting to contact an estate agent so that we can arrange to look at properties for rent. We are looking at flying out for a week in order to find a property prior moving. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi Chris1479,

Members have recommended some professionals in the business directory, recommendations normally have thumbs up. Have a look here : Real estate in Tenerife

All the best,
Bhavna

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Chris,

How are you ?
How many people you are in family and how many bedrooms do you need ?
What is a date from which you want to start the renting apartment ?

Hi there we have 3 family members  in total. I would be lookung for a minimum 2 bedroom. Ir is hard to give a time scale as we are just going through the process with the solicitors. I would imagine it will be at the start of november

Chris.  I am curious.   What are you using a solicitor for (that is what are they actually doing ) ?

I am selling my home in the uk hense the solicitor

Ok

Then I guess you are aware that if you MOVE to spain before 31st dec 2018  you will tax resident for all of 2018 and thus can be liable to CGT on the house you sell in UK

If you come as a ‘visitor' and don't stay permanently for 183 days and then ‘decide' to become a permanent resident after 1st Jan 2019, you will avoid that tax

I would suggest you get some good legal advice on the Spanish tax system