Cheapest pay as you go card with long validity?

Hi,
I'm looking for payasyougo/prepaid card with long validity. I'm moving to Malta next week and for school of my daughter and for entitlementunit and probibly for many other things I need a Maltese mobile number. I will use this numer just so people can reach me, I won't be calling from it because I can call on my Polish mobile card for less then a cent per minute. Of course I can buy any prepaid card but important will be how long the card will work (just for receiving calls) without topping it up. I've looked on the website of melita, vodaphone and Go but I cannot find this information here. Can anyone please tell me?

MarcelMarcelMarcel wrote:

Hi,
I'm looking for payasyougo/prepaid card with long validity. I'm moving to Malta next week and for school of my daughter and for entitlementunit and probibly for many other things I need a Maltese mobile number. I will use this numer just so people can reach me, I won't be calling from it because I can call on my Polish mobile card for less then a cent per minute. Of course I can buy any prepaid card but important will be how long the card will work (just for receiving calls) without topping it up. I've looked on the website of melita, vodaphone and Go but I cannot find this information here. Can anyone please tell me?

My GO pay as you go sim just carries on until I run out of credit. There is no set expiry period. Cost 5 euros for sim +10 euro top up.

Ray

I seem to remember walking into a small store in Rabat (Malta) and buying a GO SIM for €10 which gave me €10 credit. I'm also not aware of any expiry time on the card.

That would be great. Thanks. Some countries like Poland have a limitation fe a month or max. a year. So as I understand well I just buy some prepaid fe a GO sim for about € 15 incl. topup and Í'me there. Thanks

Is Vodafone SIMcard have expire period? I did not top it up 2 years....

I have had a Vodafone  PAYG SIM card since 2011, I just top up when needed, does not expire.

If you didn't use your phone for a long time, your number could have got de-activated.  Best contact vodafone customer service to see if they could re-activate your card. If not, you will need to buy a new simcard.  Only top-ups don't expire.