Finding your bearings in Spain

Hello,

While technology has definitely helped us navigate ourselves more easily in most countries, it's not the case everywhere.

How do you get to your destinations and navigate yourself in Spain? Do you use gps systems such as google/apple maps?

Are the gps navigational systems updated enough that they provide accurate information and directions?

Is it enough to simply follow road signs in Spain?

Is talking to locals and asking them directions the best way to get around? Are they generally friendly and helpful?

Are there any online resources or other types of resources to help you better understand the road systems, transportation, etc., in order to find your bearings?

What are the steps to take if you get lost?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

I apologise that this is not exactly a reply to the title of this thread

Having lived in Spain for 30 years I continue to be surprised how many people, both visitors and residents, drive on our roads not having any idea of Spanish traffic law.  Almost none seem to have even heard of the Guia de  Tráfico   ( the equivalent of the U.K. Highway Cose) yet they complain about how Spaniards drive

On thread
I have never used anything other than a map and sign posts to find my way but then i am 78 however I have never had any problems driving in USA, France, Spain, Germany, U.K., Ireland, Philippines. Malaysia etc