Finding your bearings in Kuwait

Hello,

While technology has definitely helped us navigate ourselves more easily in most countries, it's not the case everywhere.

How do you get to your destinations and navigate yourself in Kuwait? Do you use gps systems such as google/apple maps?

Are the gps navigational systems updated enough that they provide accurate information and directions?

Is it enough to simply follow road signs in Kuwait?

Is talking to locals and asking them directions the best way to get around? Are they generally friendly and helpful?

Are there any online resources or other types of resources to help you better understand the road systems, transportation, etc., in order to find your bearings?

What are the steps to take if you get lost?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

no one can deny that  gps systems such as google/apple map play an important part in the life now

Hi,

I travel a lot inside kuwait, as my job demands it. As petrol is cheap, I don't bother to roam at any roads. ( just obey traffic rules)
- I prefer google map for routes and destination, it's almost 99% updated in Kuwait areas.
-  for exact location of building, home, flat, school and many can be found in “KUWAIT FINDER” application both android/ iOS version.

- moreover Kuwait is a small country, no need to worry about getting lost as all the roads are well inter connected

I hope this is enough to travel inside this country

I was 10 years in kuwait, my job is salesman , in fact now I don't need any maps or something to know me about my distenation , I can reached any where bay my self ,