Finding your bearings in Australia

Hello,

While technology has definitely helped us navigate ourselves more easily in most countries, it's not the case everywhere.

How do you get to your destinations and navigate yourself in Australia? Do you use gps systems such as google/apple maps?

Are the gps navigational systems updated enough that they provide accurate information and directions?

Is it enough to simply follow road signs in Australia?

Is talking to locals and asking them directions the best way to get around? Are they generally friendly and helpful?

Are there any online resources or other types of resources to help you better understand the road systems, transportation, etc., in order to find your bearings?

What are the steps to take if you get lost?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hi Mate,

Thanks for your email

If you are thinking to visit or to migrate to Australia, i think it's a good choice, Australia is very beautiful country and people are generally nice and helpful. You can navigate freely in Australia via the public transport or by car using google map or waze.

If you get lost , simply you can ask someone to help you, that's includes the police.

If you decide to visit my state ( Western Australia) you can use the public transport Authority www.pta.wa.gov.au. I hope that can help you. :)

getting around is the same as everywhere. GPS helps but still don't fully trust it. Always helps and SAFER to travel with someone else. In Australia you can become isolated very quickly and it is not safe to be on your own in remote areas especially if you are a female.