Visa run from Phnom penh, where do people go, Vietnam, Thailand ?

hello,

Visa run from Phnom penh, where do people usually go, Vietnam, Thailand ?

Is the visa on arrival still free in Vietnam for these countries ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_poli … _exemption

Thanks a lot.

Thailand will give you 30 free days Vietnam will not

Thank you, but Vietnam gives 15 days.

I did not know that I thought everytime I crossed into Vietnam I had to have a visa before I got on the bus , good to know , is this just air or overland ?

twinsguy20 wrote:

I did not know that I thought everytime I crossed into Vietnam I had to have a visa before I got on the bus , good to know , is this just air or overland ?

Twinsguy, some countries are exempt of visas, but most countries, including the US, have to have a visa on forehand.

Joe

Thanks jo as a USA citizen I can get 30 free days in Thailand, but not in Vietnam that I know of thanks , I thought I just wasted 45$ I'm leaving for Vietnam tomorrow, for 10 days , thanks again

I wrote an answer earlier but it got lost somehow.

Yes, the list of countries that have visa exempt is valid until 2021.

You can take a bus out of PP to a border crossing, go into Vietnam, get out of the bus and take the next bus in opposite direction, back to PP.

You can also opt for a bus tour with Giant Ibis, to HCM and stay a few days there.

Good luck.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Joe Khmer wrote: 

You can take a bus out of PP to a border crossing, go into Vietnam, get out of the bus and take the next bus in opposite direction, back to PP.

What is the easiest/minimal time and cost  way to do this please?

Many thanks

zanaja wrote:

Joe Khmer wrote: 

What is the easiest/minimal time and cost  way to do this please?

Many thanks

Costs for the bus is $7-8, the bus ride is 3 hours each way. So you can do it in one day.

Good luck.

Joe

Thanks indeed Joe for this useful info.   :)   We'll go ahead and arrange; what is the  border station please?  - any recommendation for bus company or, for a 3-hour journey are all the same?

Actually, I will have to remain on Cambodia side of border and wait for my GF to return  as I have 90 day single entry visa and she doesn't need a visa being an ASEAN national but was only given 30 days on arrival and will have been extended already so needs to exit and return.

Kind regards,

Bookmebus.com

Border crossing is Bavet.

Cheers.
Joe