Plan to go home but with expired passport

hello guys, im rene from philippines.. ive been working here in saudi arabia for almost 9 yrs now as a private nurse..and i havent been to ph since then, never went for a vacation..im planning to go back home but im holding an expired passport.. i have requested a passport renewal and my appointment is on october 17,2018.. i was supposed to go home last month,which we verbally agreed with my employer..but unluckily they werent able to find a replacement. i dont have written contract with my employer.. few days ago i talked to my employer regarding my plan to go home.. and she agreed that as soon as they find someone to take my position then i can go home.. my replacement most probably will arrived in a month.. by then i want to go home.. but with expired passport.. will i able to travel with this issues? and i plan to apply for an exit visa.. coz i dont have any plans to come back.. btw i had read about obtaining for a TD(travel document), is it viable solution? so as i can travel back home.. i will appreciate any advice or suggestions .. thanks and God Bless!

cocodahl wrote:

hello guys, im rene from philippines.. ive been working here in saudi arabia for almost 9 yrs now as a private nurse..and i havent been to ph since then, never went for a vacation..im planning to go back home but im holding an expired passport.. i have requested a passport renewal and my appointment is on october 17,2018.. i was supposed to go home last month,which we verbally agreed with my employer..but unluckily they werent able to find a replacement. i dont have written contract with my employer.. few days ago i talked to my employer regarding my plan to go home.. and she agreed that as soon as they find someone to take my position then i can go home.. my replacement most probably will arrived in a month.. by then i want to go home.. but with expired passport.. will i able to travel with this issues? and i plan to apply for an exit visa.. coz i dont have any plans to come back.. btw i had read about obtaining for a TD(travel document), is it viable solution? so as i can travel back home.. i will appreciate any advice or suggestions .. thanks and God Bless!

Yes obtaining the travel document normally in a form of a temporally identification and or some days extension stump on your passport to travel back to your home country. You did have to book a straight flight to you home country. no stopovers.

October is somehow not far though. You could try and wait. But if can't get the necessary documents from your embassy or consulate.

tnx alot for your info sir.. appreciate ..