Greetings all,

Have been visiting the DR for the past couple of years and recently spent two weeks in the Samana Peninsula. Love this part of the DR versus Santa Domingo or  any of the tourist complex areas.

The rain forest, beaches, small villages and people are what attracts my wife and I to consider moving to the Coson area. Las Terrenas is nice and Samana has its' features. But for a central location to call home base Coson seems to offer a bit more of what we like.

We are from North Carolina and recently sold our business we ran for 20 years. Doing the research on how to move, buy a house and relocate so they don't throw you out of the country.

Suggestions are appreciated. We know the basics, to hire a good attorney, and beware the foreigners will be taken advantage of if not careful. 

Let the journey begin.

Jeff

Welcome to the forums!   Sounds like you are on the right track!  Take your time, read and read and please ask questions. You likely qualify for "retiree" residencia.  Yes you need a lawyer for that!  There is a whole thread on it .  Keep us posted on how your adventure evolves!

Welcome,  welcome & more welcome. I live in the Sosua/cabarete area. Tried the areas you are interested in.  For me, not my lifestyle. The east is a wonderful area to live in. You have made a wise choice.  But  then again have you explored all the very different areas of the DR?  Take your time and explore what this island has to offer.  Please keep us abreast of your adventure & again, welcome.