Need suggestions. Confused man.

Assalamu alaikum expatians. I am based in Pune, India and negotiating on a job offer based in Riyadh. The major point of discussion is family status and accomodation. Now based on my few meetings with the management I think they will not provide it (hope it doesnt happen). I am waiting for their reply which is expected by next week.
I need suggestions from fellow expatians: I am married with 2 kids. daughter - 4 yrs old and son - 1 yr old. It seems very difficult to move without them (coz i haven't stayed outside yet). Bringing them on own cost involves family tax! The salary offered in 11.5K pm.
What do you suggest? Should I bring them on my cost if the company denies??
I am targetting 7.5-8k savings pm. Please suggest.

I think Indian expat are the best who can advise you

But as a beginning of discussion; here below the main costs you are going to pay in case of the company doesn't provide you the family status contract

* Residence permit cost
* Medical insurance cost
* Housing cost / partially 
* Expat tax or fees
* Traveling cost (Exit-reentry visa + Tickets fare)

I believe that you are the only person who can decide whether to bring your family with or no based on your financial plans

Thanks a lot

your saving target will not be achieved if you dont include your family tax in your contract. So negotiate with the company to include all the thing mentioned above by Thellone in your contract.

Lavlak wrote:

Assalamu alaikum expatians. I am based in Pune, India and negotiating on a job offer based in Riyadh. The major point of discussion is family status and accomodation. Now based on my few meetings with the management I think they will not provide it (hope it doesnt happen). I am waiting for their reply which is expected by next week.
I need suggestions from fellow expatians: I am married with 2 kids. daughter - 4 yrs old and son - 1 yr old. It seems very difficult to move without them (coz i haven't stayed outside yet). Bringing them on own cost involves family tax! The salary offered in 11.5K pm.
What do you suggest? Should I bring them on my cost if the company denies??
I am targetting 7.5-8k savings pm. Please suggest.

As a bachelor, you will be able to save the amount as mentioned by you monthly if you do share your flat with other bachelors or bachelor friends.

If you do not get a family status and then you plan to bring your family, yours costs would increase atleast by 5k per month which includes 900 family tax pm, 1600 house rent pm, insurance costs 300 pm (100 pm per person for a year) plus grocery, eating out etc etc.

If your sole purpose is to save money, either stay as a bachelor or get family status with schooling.

If family is first preference, forget about saving much, negotiate for a family status without the family tax and schooling benefits (jut include air tickets, insurance). This will still help to save 3k pm with family in the KSA.

Hope this helps.

PS: All expenses calculated are for an average Indian family and not an upper class family.

Family cost will be 300 x 3 = 900 month
Exit re entry min. 200 per person x 3 + duration of stay outside if more than 2 months
Rent and living expense is upon your life style a minimum of 4,000 per month.
Plus vehicle and other expenses.
You would be lucky if you are able to save half of what you are offered.