Buddhist jewelry in Hanoi

We are in Hanoi until 6/9/18. Looking for a pair of jade/Obsidian/stone amulets - particularly Kwan Yin/Kannon & Amida Buddha-for my girlfriend and I. Anyone know a good place to go looking? There's no shortage but so far they're either cheap tourist crap or way over priced. Any advice welcome, cheers.

Why don't you post this in the Vietnam forum, much more chance of a couple of good answers.

Cheers.

Joe

https://www.expat.com/forum/220-21-shopping-hanoi.html

Still learning how to navigate this site Joe. I find little time for administrative stuff in S. E. A, the pace keeps me too busy watching I don't trip over my size 12's!
We found this place & they sorted us brilliantly, right down to astrological alignment. //goo.gl/images/UjD27f

Hmm, I often go to Quan Su temple located at 73 Quan Su Street, Hanoi.
You can find a store next to the temple. I remember the address is 1st floor, 65 Quan Su Street.

Thanks for that, but veni vidi vici'd Hanoi, busted back through Angkor to Bangkok & now back in sluggish cold NZ. Summer lies ahead yet & after the harvest in April I'm shooting the gap back to Kampuchea permanently. Really happy with the Kwan Yin I did get while in Hanoi & despite a degree of palpable westerner loathing from some of the younger Viets (6'2" farang with 4'6" Asian girlfriend tends to offend some of them), we found the Vietnamese really interesting, unique & lovely people - the elderly ones were especially kind & respectful. When I consider the part NZ played in the USA's pathetically disguised use of their nation as a poppy farm & subsequent industrial arms complex revenue generation exercise vis a vis a brutal, savage, totally unnecessary war that tore their nation apart, I forgive the occasional hostile stare easily & smirk inwardly that Nixon's dire predictions of communism's evils turned out to be so wrong. Ergo, Hanoi rocks, Vietnam rocks, Cuba ascends and in fact, communist nations thrive as the great capitalist plunderers go limp; Gt Britain is Brexiting it's pants *** Oh the irony, oh the humanity!

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : political comments are not accepted
Buddhasmafia wrote:

<span>[Post under review]</span>

Looks like admin didn't like your rant. Once you start on politics they will usually remove it.

They informed me very politely of their regretful deletion per rules, but kindly made the point obliquely that it was only due to the rules & not through any offense caused, so I don't mind. I'm a writer, a ranted & a stirrer; I love words & had my fun of them by the time I hit 'post' anyway 😉