ANYONE KNOW WHERE BEST TO WATCH THE CUP FINAL IN JEDDAH?

Hi All,

Been here since January, but just found this Forum so thought I would give it a go.

Has anyone any suggestions on where to see the FA cup final? I asked the BBG but they just gave me a very generic suggestion of coffee shops and hotels. I am staying at the Meridien for now and I know their preference is for US sports so am not expecting them to show the final without a bit of a fight, so any ideas would be gratefully received.

I work in Al Hamra district so recommendations close by there would be great as obviously kick-off will be close to home time, so I need to be sitting down, eyes glued, at 5pm.

As a life long Stoke City supporter these chances come along once in a lifetime....so it is critically important to me that I get to see the game live on tv :)....even though it will be without a beer:(

Thanks in advance for any ideas

Hi

My me and my family and coming over in August. We are from Stoke, Trent Vale in fact, both teachers and my husband and son are mega football fans - in fact they are going to the Wembley match next week.... Where in Stoke do you come from??? (sorry , not being nosey, just interested lol)

I wonder if you are anywhere close to Sharbatly - it would be good to hook up once over....do you have family with you too??

Regards

Angela

PS Sorry about not answering your forum question - I don't have the slightest idea btw! ;)

Hi Angela,

Now that's not very nice is it....telling me your hubby and son are going to Wembley and not having a suggestion as to where I can see the match!!! I've just managed to watch the Arsenal game on a live stream so am keeping my fingers crossed that, wordt case, I will get one for the final as well.

Having a battle with the Meridien trying to get them to switch channels on the tv, hopefully they will look favourably on my request.
Anyway I'm originally from Alsager now Haslington near Crewe. Family are unfortunately at home as my daughter has just completed her first year of sixth form.

Not sure where Sharbatly is, but if its in Jeddah nowhere is particularly far away so I'm sure we can meet up.

Send me a message when you get here and I will look forward to meeting you all.

Cheers

Russ

no need for my post any more
I will delete it

hi Pottermus,

Welcome to Expat.com, I know the issue as most of the coffee shops don't have subscription to EPL or other English matches (expensive) and they show LaLiga & Serie A matches so best of luck with ur search. One option would be to go to a sheesha house, you'll have your private TV with remote and also ppl around to give the noise and environment.

By the way I am backing up Man City for the final and it'd been interesting if you were here in Riyadh.

Hi again

Haha I know it sounded harsh...I really don't have the time and / or patience for football...

My 2 kids (we have 4 in total, 2 of which are/will be at uni in the UK) will be starting A levels and equivalent of KS4 so it's an ideal time for us to move....but it must be very difficult leaving them behind...

Anyway...we'll let you know when we arrive...my husband is coming over at the end of the month to start the application process for the childrens' visas so maybe you could meet up then...

In the meantime hope you find somewhere to watch the match!!

Angela

And... I would like to congrats the Stoke fans for their victory last night victory against Arsenal ;)

Thanks for the suggestions, I will get to see this match!!! And thanks for the comment re Arsenal....it was sweet!:D

Hi Pottermus,

Hope you got to watch the match. Shame abt the result though! :o(

Being a Man U fan, I was looking forward to Stoke beating City!

I am also looking for places to watch the CL final in Jeddah.

Did manage to get info on couple of places so I am sharing in case someone is interested.

Cafe Grand Prix
Majra Al Seil (the road parallel to Tahlia St)
Tel: 02 263 1846 
Mob: 0507505479   

Lacosta Cafe
Corniche Road
Mohammadiyah, Jeddah
Tel: 26225444