Expat Salary for Mid-Senior Professional Electrical Engineer

Hi everyone!

I'm Aldrich from the Philippines, Electrical Engineer working as system operator in the Philippine grid. I'm also an experienced testing and commissioning engineer of power plants.

I'm applying for a mid-senior level position in an energy company in Vejle, Denmark and my application still on process (Just waiting for the final interview). Weather I can make it or not, I just wanted to know as early as now, what is the expected salary in DKK for a mid-senior level position.

I'm willing to relocate with my wife if ever hired, and would like also to know how much is the cost for apartment rental in the area.

Thanks and more power.

Hi AldrichLaem,

There isn't much information to find, but you could take a look at this statistics 2017 from the Union of Engineers:
https://ida.dk/sites/default/files/loen … .dk__0.pdf

You may also find a little bit help on this site.
https://karriere.jobfinder.dk/artikel/s … -mest-3930

When said, you'll absolutely not be underpaid as international companies always pay in the high end of the scale to attract qualified people from abroad.

As always you can negotiate a little, it may be about the pay itself, the relocation costs and help to find a housing (a very good idea). I always mention help to find a housing as it can be very difficult to find. However, in this area (Brande/Herning) it shouldn't be a problem to find a housing at a very reasonable price, but again it will ease your situation if the company helps you (and it surely will).
As an example: https://www.danmarkbolig.dk/# (choose Vestjylland).

/Nellie

Thanks Nellie for your helpful advice.

I have browsed the references and as I see it, I am eligible for approximately 50k DKK based on my years of experience. In this salary level, how much is the expected tax? I will be accompanied by my wife who is unemployed.

I'm planning for a long term employment in DK, so I would likewise prefer pay for pension plan. I read from other topics here, that it would cost me additional 5% on my tax.

Thanks again.

Ikast-Brande municipality, married, wife doesn't work
income 600,000 kroner = tax 217.793,79
income 660,000 kroner = tax 251.308,83¨¨

My little statistics from the forum here tells me that most expats are offered about 50,000 kroner (or a little bit more) a month, but as always statistics will only give an indication of the pay.

I take that you'll be offered a pension scheme. The normal scheme will mean that your own pension contribution will be deducted your pay before taxation, e.g. you'll pay less tax, but when time comes when you retire, the pension will be taxated before paid out.

The special expat pension scheme means that the pension contribution will be taxated currently as part of your income, but that you'll be free to take it with you once you leave the country again.

As most expats leave the country before their retirement, they might prefer the special expat scheme.

/Nellie

Thanks Nellie. This enlightens me more. I really appreciate your time answering.