Visa query

I'm sure you have heard the question a million times, I'm an Australian who has met my dream girl and wants to move to Ho Chi Minh permanently.

Anyone still reading? well my questions are: if i get a 6 month multiple entry tourist visa how do I stay in Vietnam and do I need a different visa to be able to work?

I don't fancy taking my chances getting a visa renewed every 6 months, anyone have info?

More than happy to whatsapp to have a chat with someone who has info.

Get a business visa and renew everytime it expires. There are companies that collect and deliver your passport to your door so it's no hassle. Failing that, get a work permit

@Andybris
Welcome to the forum!

AFAIK there's no such 6 month tourist visa (except for the US citizens who can get a 1 yr tourist visa).
In general, tourist visas are of max 3 month duration.
Then again there are agents who claim (on their websites) they can arrange one for you for an exorbitant service fee. Up to you to gamble on that.

As @1312j suggested, get a 1 yr business visa (*) and later ask your employer to arrange a WP and subsequently sponsor a TRC (work) for you.
If you get married to a VN national, you can apply for a TRC (spousal) as well.

Note: You do need a WP to work legally in Vietnam for an extended period of time.

(*) Of late there's a bit of confusion about long-term business visas. Some agents claim business visas are not available at the moment. Please check with multiple agents and/or VN embassy/consulate in your country.

Hi,
Thank you for reply, i tried to talk to an online visa website chat person, but she said 12 month business was 'immigration stop' which im not sure what it means, and he also said renew was also "immigration stop" .

So a bit risky if i rent and then try to renew and cant.

My long term goal I live Vietnam full time.

Anyone Australians live in Vietnam permanently that can help me, please?

Best to contact a few agents. Don't rely on one agent's opinion. As far as long term visas, there aren't any unless you get married or get a work permit.

.. and all this has a million times been answered