Work

hi guys!

Is it easy to find a job in santos sao paulo for an english guy?? i do not have many qualifications, but i hope to study there...

Hi slyfitness,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

You may want to put an advert in the Sao Paulo classifieds under job section.

I wish you good luck
Christine

well first nothing is easy for a foreigner anywhere in Brazil. Work, language, assimilation and life in general are all difficult whether you live in Rio, SP or Salvador. You will have trouble finding a job. Do you speak Portuguese fluently? If you don't then you will find nothing. Even speaking English you will only be able to find work as an undocumented English teacher. There are English language schools in Santos, but you will be paid a very low wage for the cost of living and have to work on weekends and usually in the evening.

If you do speak Portuguese, then you MIGHT find a job, but will most likely not earn a work visa from it.

You are studying? at a college? In Santos? May i ask why you are choosing Santos? For employment Sao Paulo city or Campinas might give you better options.

good luck.

hi there!!

i can talk portuguese alittle, but i can talk fluent spanish. i will be going with my girlfriend who is from brazil. we already have a visa for work and living there. i hope to study and work...

thanks