Requirements for a Single Entry Visa after a successful EP

My employer completed my application for an employment pass and I received a VDR letter instructing me to go to the consulate and obtain a single entry visa.

How long does it take to process the single entry visa from that point? I'm worried with my schedule that I won't be able to get to the consulate for another week or so and don't know how long it will take to get the SEV processed once I do - and if that would cause a conflict for my coming move schedule.

Is it as simple as receiving the right documents and stamping my passport on the spot? Or is there a further processing period?

Use VFS or OSC. Takes 4-5 days

Hey, thank you for the reply!

As far as I can quickly figure out, neither of those services work in the US. (Unless I'm mistaken)

I live right down the street from a consulate in the US. Any issue or difference in timing required?

I didnt think American citizens needed a SEV - only visa-nationals who ordinarily require a pre-obtained visa to enter would need a SEV as its employment-related.

Americans don't need an SEV for a tourist entry. However, my entry is for employment and the expatriate/employment pass approval indicated that I'd need to go to the consulate for an SEV.

Curious if you have any knowledge on how that process & timeline works directly with a consulate - any faster or slower than the agencies you mentioned? Or do you not need an SEV coming from a visa exempt country for employment reasons?

I don't think you need a SEV (VDR) for employment purposes if you have a US passport. Double check by phoning the Malaysian consulate. (But today is Malaysian National Day)

Hey, just a quick update. You do need an SEV after an EP approval on an American passport.

I'm going to try to bank on no more than 4-5 working days for my SEV to be processed (crossing my fingers here). Hope it's not more given the upcoming public holidays.