Where can I buy an Electric bike in HCMC ?

Hello
I'm here for at least a year and I need to buy a bike/motocycle.
As I'm eco-conscious I would prefer to buy a bike.
As I'm a bit lazy  :D  I'm looking for an electric bike
There are only very old post regarding this matteron the forum
Could you give me advice also regarding the brand and where to buy it (I'm in HCMC District 7)
Thank you so much

Google would be your best friends. A few shops around in almost every district.
Other options - stop a rider and them

Google is already my best friend but I was hoping for more friends hihi
Thank you anyway

There is not a lot of chance as most expats still use a real bike. I also have an electric bike-despite I would recommend the bike, sure not the shop. They just closed and left.
There are many brands out, all have advantages and disadvantages.
You bet option is still, find and speak with some people, who have one. They know how it is and also, where they have bought it.

I only 3 shops, but can't recall any address or contact details and they far from D7, virtually the opposite side of D7. I just know somehow, how to go there.

Most shops are regular bicycle shops, who sell electric bikes, so it should be worthwhile checking them out and once you see, what you find interesting, ask

As to find out some brands, go to chotot.vn read out some brands and follow up from there.
Personally, I would just catch a rider and ask them

Thanks !

The idea of trying to be eco-conscious in Saigon gives me chuckles. I can't explain exactly why but it's kind of funny, although I totally respect you trying to do the good thing. If you ever get such bike, make sure the wires and battery are well protected against big rains for the rainy season. Good luck with your search!

I already have over 10 years, with the second bile in use, and yes, it's an option for those who can calculate/plan their mileage AND have convenient charging points.

Happy to make you laugh, at least it puts you in a good mood
:D

Go for it, if you have the surrounding  for effective use. However, power might be an issue, when need to charge and time is tight. I use my one mostly for racing my dogs and shopping or when have walking issues

Hope this could help you anyway https://www.pega.com.vn/xe-dap-dien.html. It's pretty inconvenient as everything is in Vietnamese; however, just pay attention to "xe đạp điện" (electric bike) and "hệ thống cửa hàng" (store chain with precise location) for your interest. Wish you luck  :)

... and make sure, that you can claim warranty, spares .... .Between having a warranty and getting warranty, there are huge differences.
I did try like 6-8 different bikes, before I bought the right bike https://www.google.com.vn/url?sa=i& … 682167675, but it was just the wrong shop

Thank you so much for your help !!
I'm going to look for it tomorrow, check several store...
Anyway I really appreciate

Actually a good timing. A lot discounts the holidays. Don't buy to hasty ... and try them. I can move a even a 65kg dog on it, at least for shorter distance. Problem is not his weight, but the size. Nothing to see, if you sit behind such dog

:lol:

l3ully wrote:

... and make sure, that you can claim warranty, spares .... .Between having a warranty and getting warranty, there are huge differences.
I did try like 6-8 different bikes, before I bought the right bike https://www.google.com.vn/url?sa=i& … 682167675, but it was just the wrong shop

Nice bike. There's no mention anywhere of the actual power of the engine (wattage). Do you know? They only mention the battery and autonomy in one charge. On my bike I got 500W (Bafang) which is the maximum wattage in Canada but I've seen 750W engines in the US.

I really don't have a clue. I am a bit overweight and still can do easy about  45 km/h for about 1 hour riding, without a break on a fresh full charge.
That is for me already a huge distance, with breaks in between, and gentle riding, it might be about 55 km in total, never went out of power, so I am not really sure about the absolute maximum.
Even here in HCMC on the city 'motorways'  it easy can catch up with the main stream speeds during daytime.
And the last of batteries kept me abou 2 years and 4 month.
Absolutely perfect for me, as I am outside the central districts located, so I can catch in emergencies almost everywhere at almost all times some power, if I run out.
D1,2,3 and 7 and maybe living in a huge apartment building, I possible would not have/use any electric bike.

You got a one now?

Hi.

You could be easily visit many shops at Vo Thi Sau Street that next to Pham Ngoc Thach Street corner.
A lot of electric bikes and motorcycles are sold in belongs this street.

Hopefully, you could identify the best transportation in Saigon.
:)

AS an Expat who has lived in Ho Chi Minh for 25 years and recently retired from work I can recommend the Pega brand. I have two of them. A pega Trans which needs to be registered and a Pega Cap 3 which does not. I bought mine at HK Bike. Certainly not looking back